Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Phone divert.

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

It should be possible to do that (even if it needed extra software
adding), using either geolocation or the fact that it can see your home
wifi, but you get charged for the diverted calls with most mobile packages.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Owain Lastname wrote:
On Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 12:20:24 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and
about. Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough
phones on it. ;-) What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to
transfer automatically to the land line. (maybe tell the caller this
is happening)

Get one of these and put it next to where you charge the mobile
https://www.ligo.co.uk/ligo-bluewave...ct-description

and wire it in to the landline phones.

Then you can choose whether to make outgoing calls on landline or mobile
too, if you have an inclusive package.

Did you check that link? Out of stock - by the discounts, looks like it's
NLA.

--
*Broken pencils are pointless.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

It isn't your age, it's your general attitude to modern technology!
(Surprising in a technocrat!)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline.

I do everything on the mobile now.

That way you get to the incoming call where
ever you happen to be and can decide whether
to answer it or not when out and about.

Just the one set of contacts and call history etc.

Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on
charge. And I can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically
to the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so
much the better. In other words, automatically.

You wouldn’t have to fart around like that if you used the mobile for all
calls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it.
;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

It should be possible to do that (even if it needed extra software
adding), using either geolocation or the fact that it can see your home
wifi, but you get charged for the diverted calls with most mobile
packages.

Not with my mobile plan, unlimited calls and texts
and MMSs to any landline or mobile in the country.

Bit tricky to have that happen auto when the mobile
is in the house tho. Tho IFTTT likely can do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"williamwright" wrote in message
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it.
;-)

It isn't your age, it's your general attitude to modern technology!

Yep.

(Surprising in a technocrat!)

Nope, there are always some dinosaurs. A few stupidly
only have a stupidphone or no mobile at all.

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up?

I only do that when out of the house or on the roof etc.

Inside the house the google home mini and alexas can call 911 etc.

I never move without my phone in my pocket.

I leave mine in the same place when I am inside.

You should also have your mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

Makes more sense with inductive charging to
have a charger where you put the phone down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket.

And it gets smashed when you fall. ;-) That's assuming it doesn't fall out
of your pocket when doing the gardening or whatever.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Obnoxious Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:08:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You wouldn¢t have to fart around like that if you used the mobile for all
calls.

Not everyone is a mindless consuming old fart like you who is actually proud
of being a mindless consumer, you abnormal octogenerian trolling senile
pest!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2021 12:27, Steve Walker wrote:
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on
it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

It should be possible to do that (even if it needed extra software
adding), using either geolocation or the fact that it can see your home
wifi, but you get charged for the diverted calls with most mobile packages.

We've used a Panasonic landline on which you can register two different
mobiles. The mobile can sit on its charger, and calls to it will ring on
all the landline units.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 03:31:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope, there are always some dinosaurs. A few stupidly
only have a stupidphone or no mobile at all.

The resident octogenerian troll is actually "proud" of being a mindless
consumer and of being a Google-, Apple- and M$ adorer and of all his silly
electronical gadgets he surrounds himself with in his typical senile manner!
LOL

Talked to your Alexa much lately again, you lonely senile sociopathic troll?
LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote:
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

It isn't your age, it's your general attitude to modern technology!
(Surprising in a technocrat!)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Green" wrote in message
news
williamwright wrote:
Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it.
;-)

It isn't your age, it's your general attitude to modern technology!
(Surprising in a technocrat!)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

Mine would still work fine using siri.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket.

And it gets smashed when you fall. ;-) That's assuming it doesn't fall out
of your pocket when doing the gardening or whatever.

It doesn't get smashed because you have it in a case. My phone is
ancient and it and I have fallen considerable distances with no damage
except to me.
It doesn't fall out of your pocket because it's buttoned in. You are an
old pessimist when it suits aren't you?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:57:51 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

What if you fall over and smash it?

Mine would still work fine using siri.

You can shove your idiotic Siri up your flabby senile arse, just like your
idiotic Alexa, your idiotPhone, your idiotic Philips Hue and all your other
idiotic electronic gadgets that you try to brag about here, you miserable
friendless trolling senile sociopath!

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket.

And it gets smashed when you fall. ;-) That's assuming it doesn't fall out
of your pocket when doing the gardening or whatever.

It doesn't get smashed because you have it in a case. My phone is
ancient and it and I have fallen considerable distances with no damage
except to me.
It doesn't fall out of your pocket because it's buttoned in. You are an
old pessimist when it suits aren't you?

I really can't be bothered carrying a phone with me everywhere at home.
And it's not an ancient one because I want a decent one when out and
about. But at home I'd rather use the landline. In exactly the same way as
I prefer to use a computer to post here than the mobile. And a decent TV
to view things on, rather than a mobile. And so on.

--
*The statement below is true.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/06/2021 23:06, williamwright wrote:
On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill

If you smash it in a way that means you can't make a call for help,
you're no worse off than you would have been with empty pockets !

I agree with Bill - other than that I always carry a spare,
fully-charged battery in my other pocket.

And a new, basic, phone? Less than a tenner.

PA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket.

And it gets smashed when you fall. ;-) That's assuming it doesn't fall out
of your pocket when doing the gardening or whatever.

It doesn't get smashed because you have it in a case. My phone is
ancient and it and I have fallen considerable distances with no damage
except to me.
It doesn't fall out of your pocket because it's buttoned in. You are an
old pessimist when it suits aren't you?

I really can't be bothered carrying a phone with me everywhere at home.
And it's not an ancient one because I want a decent one when out and
about. But at home I'd rather use the landline. In exactly the same way as
I prefer to use a computer to post here than the mobile. And a decent TV
to view things on, rather than a mobile. And so on.

I want a phone that fits comfortably in my pocket, so not too large. I
make sure there is nothing else hard or metallic in the same pocket. I
also used a protective cover that has protected it when I've dropped it
a few times. I tend to have it with me when around the house and work.

I used the landline for internet only and use the mobile for all calls.
I often use a Bluetooth headset to free my hands if I want to carry on
with what I'm doing.

I did have one phone where I cracked the screen whilst in my pocket. I'm
pretty sure I leant on it, bit still got it repaired under warranty.
There were no hints of any marking on the outside so was explained as a
spontaneous crack.
Like watches I don't want to pay too much for a phone that is easily
broken or stolen. All mine have been sub £100.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Jun 2021 at 12:20:13 BST, ""Dave Plowman" News)"
wrote:

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

I was looking at this:

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consume...-tgh264eb.html

but can't quite justify the expense, or the replacement of the otherwise fine
cordless phones I already have.
--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
[...]

Its different with those. Using the mobile for all calls works much
better than using both a landline and mobile as you have discovered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
[...]

Me too, thats why I dont buy the Plus versions of the iphones.

I make sure there is nothing else hard or metallic in the same pocket.

I do too, in fact never have anything else in that pocket.

I also used a protective cover that has protected it when I've dropped it
a few times.

I hardly ever drop phones but so have a softer silicon
backshell for mine. That will help unless you happen
to drop it face down in something that sticks up and
is small enough to get past the significant ridge of
the silicon backshell at the front of the phone that
keeps the backshell on the phone.

I tend to have it with me when around the house and work.

I used to do that around the house but now dont. It sits next
to where I sit most of the time and I do have it in my pocket
when up on the flat roof etc.

Almost always have it in my pocket when out of the
house, only very rarely forget to take it with me.

I used the landline for internet only and use the mobile for all calls.

Me too, works much better.

I often use a Bluetooth headset to free my hands if I want to carry on
with what I'm doing.

Yeah, I do that when listening to podcasts when doing
less interesting stuff around the house that takes a while.

I did have one phone where I cracked the screen whilst in my pocket.

I havent managed to do that yet.

I'm pretty sure I leant on it, bit still got it repaired under warranty.
There were no hints of any marking on the outside so was explained as a
spontaneous crack.

Like watches

I have always hated watches and tolerated them when there
was no viable alternative. Never wear one anymore, I dont
need the time often enough to matter to need one now.

I ask alexa or google for the time
now and siri when out of the house.

I don't want to pay too much for a phone that is easily broken or stolen.
All mine have been sub £100.

I dont care about the price now that I have realised that
I will never spend my vast accumulated wealth before I die.
I buy whatever works best regardless of price. But dont
buy the latest whenever a new model shows up. Still using
the iphone 6S because it does almost everything that I do.
Inductive charging would be more convenient but the main
alternative is the new 2020 but it doesnt do 5G so it makes
sense to wait till it does given that it isnt here yet outside
the state capitals and I go there very rarely now.

I prefer touch ID to facial recognition because I pay for
everything except the garage/car boot sale stuff using
the phone and have registered my thumbs so its a very
quick and simple action to take the phone out of the
pocket and wave it at the terminal with the thumb on
the home button. Not much worse with facial id tho,
just less convenient in the car, the phone sits in the
bin in the dash with the home button end sticking
out so its easier to unlock with touch id.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

I was looking at this:

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consume...-tgh264eb.html

but can't quite justify the expense, or the replacement of the otherwise fine
cordless phones I already have.

We have a similar one, and are pleased with how it works. Although it
says you can register two mobiles, I've found that it can handle as many
as four mobile lines, if the phones you register to it are dual-SIM.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket.

And it gets smashed when you fall. ;-) That's assuming it doesn't fall out
of your pocket when doing the gardening or whatever.

It doesn't get smashed because you have it in a case. My phone is
ancient and it and I have fallen considerable distances with no damage
except to me.
It doesn't fall out of your pocket because it's buttoned in. You are an
old pessimist when it suits aren't you?

I really can't be bothered carrying a phone with me everywhere at home.
And it's not an ancient one because I want a decent one when out and
about. But at home I'd rather use the landline. In exactly the same way as
I prefer to use a computer to post here than the mobile. And a decent TV
to view things on, rather than a mobile. And so on.

As in the Unix philosophy single devices which are good at doin one
thing:-

Landline phone - for making phone calls
Camera - for taking pictures
Laptop - for interactive computing

E.g. when at home the phone rings and I pick it up to answer, no
button pressing, things that don't work with wet fingers, swipes that
are different on different phones, etc.

My (pocketable) camera has a proper viewfinder, have you ever seen a
prefessional/competant photographer using a camera without a viewfinder?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Able wrote:
On 10/06/2021 23:06, williamwright wrote:
On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill

If you smash it in a way that means you can't make a call for help,
you're no worse off than you would have been with empty pockets !

I agree with Bill - other than that I always carry a spare,
fully-charged battery in my other pocket.

And a new, basic, phone? Less than a tenner.

Of course you could just as easily carry a DECT landline phone around
with you!

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:07:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another load of the trolling senile asshole's unbelievably idiotic
blather

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I really can't be bothered carrying a phone with me everywhere at home.
And it's not an ancient one because I want a decent one when out and
about. But at home I'd rather use the landline.

+1

Additionally, on PAYG it costs me to listen to messages, whilst
the answerphone on my landline is free to access.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 08:55, Chris Green wrote:
Peter Able wrote:
On 10/06/2021 23:06, williamwright wrote:
On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill

If you smash it in a way that means you can't make a call for help,
you're no worse off than you would have been with empty pockets !

I agree with Bill - other than that I always carry a spare,
fully-charged battery in my other pocket.

And a new, basic, phone? Less than a tenner.

Of course you could just as easily carry a DECT landline phone around
with you!

Our Panasonic DECT handsets are many times the volume of my mobile.

They would tip out of my trouser pocket at the slightest exertion, for sure.

PA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Able wrote:
[...]

My Panasonic DECT phone has a belt clip .

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and
about. Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough
phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically
to the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

I was looking at this:

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consume...-tgh264eb.html

but can't quite justify the expense, or the replacement of the otherwise
fine cordless phones I already have.

It would need to be something that interfaces with the landline, rather
than an individual phone.

History - I've lived here long before mobile phones arrived, or indeed
cordless ones - is why every room in the house has a landline socket. And
most a phone too. So if the landline rings, I can hear and answer it
anywhere. Or make a phone call.

I've no need for a mobile phone contract given its limited use, so it is
PAYG. Relying on BT to give me an internet connection when out and about
in London if needed.

And I simply don't want to carry it at all times.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Chris Green
wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article , williamwright
In article , williamwright
wrote:
[...]

I think you have seen my point. I didn't ask the question to be told I
should simply carry my mobile at all times. If i was happy doing that, no
point in the question.

Do like the rather good snapshot camera in my phone, though. It probably
gets as much use as the phone itself. And the convenience of it. I'd not
bother carrying a separate camera unless I knew I'd use it.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Being of a certain age, my mobile is only really for use out and about.
Indoors, I prefer my landline. Which has more than enough phones on it. ;-)

So when indoors, the mobile gets left in the kitchen. on charge. And I
can't hear it ring elsewhere in the house.

What I'd like is incoming calls to my mobile to transfer automatically to
the land line. (maybe tell the caller this is happening)

If it only did this when the mobile is at home, so much the better. In
other words, automatically.

I am the same, but I do it the other way around. I have my landline
number always ring on my mobile as well as the landline. I ask everyone
to always use my landline number.

I do this by using VOIP for my landline and by my mobile being a
smartphone. I got my old BT phone number transferred to VOIP about 10
years ago, it is good quality and reliable.

If you get phone and internet via openreach you can transfer a phone
number to VOIP when converting the line to SoGEA.

VOIP on the mobile isn't always brilliant but it is good enough and I
can always phone back on the actual mobile number if there are problems.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

But its usually cheaper to ditch the landline and have the cheapest
mobile plan that has unlimited calls and texts and MMSs in the
country and often to the other first world countrys too.

Relying on BT to give me an internet connection
when out and about in London if needed.

And I simply don't want to carry it at all times.

You don’t need to but should as you get more decrepit unless
you have other ways to call someone if you fall and cant get up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 01:34, Fredxx wrote:

I want a phone that fits comfortably in my pocket, so not too large. I
make sure there is nothing else hard or metallic in the same pocket. I
also used a protective cover that has protected it when I've dropped it
a few times. I tend to have it with me when around the house and work.

I've got a case which can be threaded on my trouser belt that takes a
smart phone while allowing earphones/hands-free set to be plugged in.
You can adjust the volume without taking the phone out. Unfortunately
they aren't available for all sizes of phone.

The disadvantage of the wallet type case is that every (Android) phone
has different locations for the sockets and buttons so, even if you get
one for your make of phone, there's no guarantee that it will be correct
for your model. There seem to be hundreds of different phones with
different arrangements.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 08:53, Chris Green wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
In article ,
williamwright wrote:
[...]

I cannot use any camera without a proper viewfinder, apart from
low-light conditions, and no sunlight at all, else the LED screen
is unreadable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Able wrote:
On 10/06/2021 23:06, williamwright wrote:
On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill

If you smash it in a way that means you can't make a call for help,
you're no worse off than you would have been with empty pockets !

I agree with Bill - other than that I always carry a spare,
fully-charged battery in my other pocket.

And a new, basic, phone? Less than a tenner.

Of course you could just as easily carry a DECT landline phone around
with you!

Or pay for a live-in minder to constantly watch what you are doing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Able wrote:
On 10/06/2021 23:06, williamwright wrote:
On 10/06/2021 21:16, Chris Green wrote:

Put the mobile in your pocket. What if you fall over and can't get up? I
never move without my phone in my pocket. You should also have your
mobile at the bedside, on charge overnight.

What if you fall over and smash it?

That's very unlikely if it's in a little case like mine.

Bill

If you smash it in a way that means you can't make a call for help,
you're no worse off than you would have been with empty pockets !

I agree with Bill - other than that I always carry a spare,
fully-charged battery in my other pocket.

And a new, basic, phone? Less than a tenner.

Of course you could just as easily carry a DECT landline phone around
with you!

though the DECT phone won't work when you wander off to the corner shop
- which may not matter if you don't have a pocket for anything in your
pyjamas

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 10:07, charles wrote:
Peter Able wrote:
[...]

That sounds even worse in terms of the phone taking to the air !

PA