Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower divert valve

I have an old bath top mixer that had a divert to shower
by pulling a ring around the shower pipe, then an automatic
reset when taps turned off. This morning I switched to shower
and it will not go back - I have so far failed to find the right
keywords to start on what I am looking for - any suggestions?

Malcolm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Malcolm Gray" wrote in message
. org...
I have an old bath top mixer that had a divert to shower
by pulling a ring around the shower pipe, then an automatic
reset when taps turned off. This morning I switched to shower
and it will not go back - I have so far failed to find the right keywords
to start on what I am looking for - any suggestions?

Descale and check the device that *makes* it return

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW wrote:
"Malcolm Gray" wrote in message
. org...
I have an old bath top mixer that had a divert to shower
by pulling a ring around the shower pipe, then an automatic
reset when taps turned off. This morning I switched to shower
and it will not go back - I have so far failed to find the right keywords
to start on what I am looking for - any suggestions?

Descale and check the device that *makes* it return

Thanks. I posted rather quicky, I hope it was clear enough.

I guess my first question is how to find the device
that makes it return.

It looks a little bit like this one
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13393/...h-Shower-Mixer
but instead of a button in front of the shower hose there is a ring
round the shower hose.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW wrote:
"Malcolm Gray" wrote in message
. org...
I have an old bath top mixer that had a divert to shower
by pulling a ring around the shower pipe, then an automatic
reset when taps turned off. This morning I switched to shower
and it will not go back - I have so far failed to find the right keywords
to start on what I am looking for - any suggestions?

Descale and check the device that *makes* it return

Thanks for that - looks like the descaler fixed it.