Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen Sink Question

I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.
Is there anything I can do? Is there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get that fitted? Thanks in advance.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/06/2021 19:20, Ed wrote:
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.
Is there anything I can do? Is there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get that fitted? Thanks in advance.

There's almost no wiggle room. A few mm, usually. Are there flexible
connectors on the taps, at least?

What does the fitter think?

A photo?

It might be cheaper to get CBT?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 19:20, Ed wrote:
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off
centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm. Is there anything I can do? Is
there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get
that fitted? Thanks in advance.

I think the answer is "that depends":

Is the cutout in the worktop wide enough to allow for a different position?

Do the sides of the cabinet (or any other cross members or bracing)
prevent the bowl moving nearer to where you would like it?

If both the above are true, is the flange on the sink wide enough to
cover enough gap with the sink in a different position.

Lastly can you loosen the clips that hold it in place?

If yes to all the above, then "yes"

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/06/2021 19:39, John Rumm wrote:
On 09/06/2021 19:20, Ed wrote:
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off
centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm. Is there anything I can do? Is
there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get
that fitted? Thanks in advance.

I think the answer is "that depends":

Is the cutout in the worktop wide enough to allow for a different position?

Do the sides of the cabinet (or any other cross members or bracing)
prevent the bowl moving nearer to where you would like it?

If both the above are true, is the flange on the sink wide enough to
cover enough gap with the sink in a different position.

There's usually only a few mm of wiggle room.

Lastly can you loosen the clips that hold it in place?

If yes to all the above, then "yes"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 19:32:04 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 09/06/2021 19:20, Ed wrote:
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.
Is there anything I can do? Is there any wriggle room or would I have to buy a wider sink and get that fitted? Thanks in advance.

There's almost no wiggle room. A few mm, usually. Are there flexible
connectors on the taps, at least?

What does the fitter think?

A photo?

It might be cheaper to get CBT?

I only just spotted it today after he'd gone. He's back tomorrow so I'll see what he says then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2021 19:20, Ed wrote:
I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.

Haha, you are as bad as me!

Our 1000mm sink base is under a window and I had a hard time deciding
whether to have the sink (roughly 850mm) lining up nicely with the unit
or window. I went for window in the end so it's a good 5cm off in the base.

If it's any consolation I couldn't remember what i'd decided so had to
get up and take a look, so it's plainly stopped bugging me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ed wrote

I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but
the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.

Sideways or front to back ?

Is there anything I can do?

Make the supplier do it properly before paying them.

Is there any wriggle room

Not that much usually.

or would I have to buy a wider sink

Unlikely to be available.

and get that fitted?

Get the supplier to do it again, properly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:49:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Ed wrote

I've just had my kitchen fitted. It looks good but
the sink is off centre of the cabinet by about 1 cm.

Sideways or front to back ?

Is there anything I can do?

Make the supplier do it properly before paying them.

Is there any wriggle room

Not that much usually.

or would I have to buy a wider sink

Unlikely to be available.

and get that fitted?

Get the supplier to do it again, properly.

IOW, you haven't the foggiest again, but you will spout your usual bull****
anyway, you senile wisenheimer. LOL

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?