Default Can a single mixer kitchen tap be used on a double kitchen sink???

I want to change the taps of my kitchen sink, currently 2 single taps.
Without getting a two tap mixer, ie 7" apart, can i use a single mixer
and cover up the other hole. Are such coverings available? and will
the single mixer fit through the hole of one of the single taps.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ed Sirett

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:11:13 -0700, lavenders19 wrote:

I want to change the taps of my kitchen sink, currently 2 single taps.
Without getting a two tap mixer, ie 7" apart, can i use a single mixer
and cover up the other hole. Are such coverings available? and will
the single mixer fit through the hole of one of the single taps.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Firstly holes for monoblock mixers are 35mm - Tools are available to make
these.

Hole pairs for more traditional mixers are clearance on 1/2" BSP which
25mm should do. As the for the between centres distance, I dunno. MIght be
the same as the bath mixers which is 180mm (IIRC).

I have seen this done OK where a big double sink/double drainer unit had a
pair of holes cut in the middle and the mixer did each bowl.

Similarly the use of a mono mixer in this way should be possible. Hole
blanking discs are available.