JoeJoe

Default Kitchen sink suppliers - any pointers?

I am looking for a mid-range (well, low-range, but not the £30-type from the
sheds) kitchen sink + tap for a flat that I intend to let. Preferably at sub
£100 all in (waste, etc) for the two, with a single lever tap. I recognise
that I will need a new kitchen every few years, so no point in spending
more.

This one cought my eye
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1&item=4377357
441&rd=1).

Any better deals around to consider? Any thought on my choice?

Many thanks.

Darren

On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:29:20 +0100, "JoeJoe" wrote:

I am looking for a mid-range (well, low-range, but not the £30-type from the
sheds) kitchen sink + tap for a flat that I intend to let. Preferably at sub
£100 all in (waste, etc) for the two, with a single lever tap. I recognise
that I will need a new kitchen every few years, so no point in spending
more.

This one cought my eye
(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1&item=4377357
441&rd=1).

Any better deals around to consider? Any thought on my choice?

Many thanks.

Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

JoeJoe

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...31&item=437735

7
441&rd=1).

Any better deals around to consider? Any thought on my choice?

Many thanks.

Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

I did. BEst I could find was a similar Franke offer, but for a 1.5 bowl (I
only need 1), and a much inferior tap - all for £129.

Tony Eva

JoeJoe wrote:
Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

I did. BEst I could find was a similar Franke offer, but for a 1.5 bowl (I
only need 1), and a much inferior tap - all for £129.

Have you looked at Ikea? I put their double bowl plus drainer sink into
my utility room and was very pleased with the quality - much better than
the Baumatic one I have elsewhere.

--
Tony
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Tony Eva writes:
JoeJoe wrote:
Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

I did. BEst I could find was a similar Franke offer, but for a 1.5 bowl (I
only need 1), and a much inferior tap - all for £129.

Have you looked at Ikea? I put their double bowl plus drainer sink into
my utility room and was very pleased with the quality - much better than
the Baumatic one I have elsewhere.

I went for an IKEA one too. It had a much slicker edge than the
ones in Wickes and B&Q, and more importantly, their stock is
inaccessible to customers so they aren't all dented and bent.

One tip -- mount the tap separately in the worktop behind the
sink and not on the stainless steel sink itself. I decided to
do this myself when I saw how flimsey the taps mounted in the
sink were on the display models, and I don't regret that at all.

I can't recall the total price, but it was probably slightly
over the OP's £100 target. I think the sink was around £60
(1.5 bowl, single drainer, stainless steel), the waste plumbing
around £25, and I don't remember how much the tap was, but
probably more than the remaining £15. I also bought flexible
versions of the 10mm tap connectors with isolating valves to
make fitting easier. The spout on the IKEA tap (or lack thereof)
was the only poor part of the setup, but I fitted an airator/
spray head on it so that didn't matter.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Tony Eva

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I can't recall the total price, but it was probably slightly
over the OP's £100 target.

Current price for a 1-bowl SS inset sink with drainer is £40 and I
believe that includes the waste kit (traps, strainers, overflow and
pipework). Leaves plenty of change for a decent tap.

--
Tony

Try PlumbCentre