Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Tony Eva writes:
JoeJoe wrote:
Take a poke around a B&Q warehouse....

I did. BEst I could find was a similar Franke offer, but for a 1.5 bowl (I
only need 1), and a much inferior tap - all for £129.

Have you looked at Ikea? I put their double bowl plus drainer sink into
my utility room and was very pleased with the quality - much better than
the Baumatic one I have elsewhere.

I went for an IKEA one too. It had a much slicker edge than the
ones in Wickes and B&Q, and more importantly, their stock is
inaccessible to customers so they aren't all dented and bent.

One tip -- mount the tap separately in the worktop behind the
sink and not on the stainless steel sink itself. I decided to
do this myself when I saw how flimsey the taps mounted in the
sink were on the display models, and I don't regret that at all.

I can't recall the total price, but it was probably slightly
over the OP's £100 target. I think the sink was around £60
(1.5 bowl, single drainer, stainless steel), the waste plumbing
around £25, and I don't remember how much the tap was, but
probably more than the remaining £15. I also bought flexible
versions of the 10mm tap connectors with isolating valves to
make fitting easier. The spout on the IKEA tap (or lack thereof)
was the only poor part of the setup, but I fitted an airator/
spray head on it so that didn't matter.

--
Andrew Gabriel