Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath

I am looking for a like for like replacement for my 20 year old integrated dishwasher.
However, my setup might not be normal as I don't have a full height door attached to my current fully integrated unit.
The pictures attached might better show the current setup.
My other unites have a door height of 76cm.
My current integrated dishwasher has a fixed door hinge, the door height is 68cm, there is also a fixed panel underneath (8cm) add to meet the bottom of the other units.
I also then have a kickboard (8cm)

Will I be able to get any new integrated dishwasher to fit?
I was thinking of getting MIELE G 5072 SCVi
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1lqi
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1lqk
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1lqm
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1lqo

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...h-3123212-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mara wrote:
I am looking for a like for like replacement for my 20 year old integrated dishwasher.
However, my setup might not be normal as I don't have a full height door
attached to my current fully integrated unit.
The pictures attached might better show the current setup.
My other unites have a door height of 76cm.
My current integrated dishwasher has a fixed door hinge, the door height
is 68cm, there is also a fixed panel underneath (8cm) add to meet the
bottom of the other units.

Miele had some strange ideas of integrated dishwashers.

How far is the door off the ground? It looks a lot like a regular
integrated dishwasher but with that 8cm bit fixed where the plinth would go.
Perhaps a regular integrated unit would fit, where you'd make up a wooden
'plinth' including that 8cm bit of fascia with your actual kickboard piece
underneath.

Or, depending on clearances, you could fix the door and fascia piece
together to make a taller door.

Will I be able to get any new integrated dishwasher to fit?
I was thinking of getting MIELE G 5072 SCVi

I would look for drawings to see how they align with your setup, and be
prepared to do some basic carpentry to reuse the door pieces you have.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Or, depending on clearances, you could fix the door and fascia piece
together to make a taller door.

Will I be able to get any new integrated dishwasher to fit?
I was thinking of getting MIELE G 5072 SCVi

I would look for drawings to see how they align with your setup, and be
prepared to do some basic carpentry to reuse the door pieces you have.

Theo

Depending on the depth you have, all my kitchen appliances are free
standing behind doors that match my units.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP posted
Mara wrote in
sgroupdirect.com:

https://www.homeownershub.com/img/1lqi

Make life easy and get a free standing model. Wider choice - lower price -
less hassle

Evidently you're not married?

--
Algernon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Evidently you're not married?

Yes - it takes time to get my level of influence. She has seen me drag them
out for repairs and appreciates the added difficulties with integrated. We
take the energy labels off and the Warranty info. I have seen some left out
for the scrap man with such labels still fixed!!

Personally - I would like s basement and the washer and boiler could go
down there. Whoever thought anyone would want a boiler taking up kitchen
space?

Fixed or sliding hinge fixings for integrated fridge/freezer? Mathew Newton[_2_] UK diy 1 October 18th 19 12:57 PM
Refitting panel to integrated dishwasher ss UK diy 1 January 10th 16 09:15 PM
Which dishwasher - semi or fully integrated nafuk UK diy 5 January 12th 07 08:12 PM
Integrated Dishwasher SantaUK UK diy 1 August 21st 06 11:12 AM
FITTING OF FULLY INTEGRATED DISHWASHER [email protected] UK diy 6 September 19th 05 10:32 AM