Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default M6 Toll

Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be
free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There was
very little information about what the charge would be, and I did not
get a receipt.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think folk are soon going to have to assume tolls, since many cities are
going to charge at the outskirts if you use your car, I can see roads going
this way too, after all if eventually the idea is to go electric, the taxing
could be a nightmare, safer to charge for where cars go and you could
dismantle car tax and the like and just pay to use them depending on the
congestion and cleanness of the vehicles.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be
free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There was
very little information about what the charge would be, and I did not get
a receipt.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 11:29:52 +0100, Michael Chare
wrote:

Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be
free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There was
very little information about what the charge would be, and I did not
get a receipt.

I've always seen large signs telling me the cost.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/06/2021 13:14, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I think folk are soon going to have to assume tolls, since many cities are
going to charge at the outskirts if you use your car, I can see roads going
this way too, after all if eventually the idea is to go electric, the taxing
could be a nightmare, safer to charge for where cars go and you could
dismantle car tax and the like and just pay to use them depending on the
congestion and cleanness of the vehicles.
Brian

No thanks, you'll have no idea of what a journey will cost, especially
with variable road pricing. Just go to a per mile, fixed rate, set a
level that replaces both VED and fuel duty and brings the same total
into the treasury.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/06/2021 11:29, Michael Chare wrote:
Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works.Â* In these circumstances should the M6 toll
be free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There
was very little information about what the charge would be, and I did
not get a receipt.

You have to push a button to confirm you want one, (and hope there's
still paper in the device)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I think folk are soon going to have to assume tolls, since many cities are
going to charge at the outskirts if you use your car, I can see roads
going this way too, after all if eventually the idea is to go electric,
the taxing could be a nightmare, safer to charge for where cars go and you
could dismantle car tax and the like and just pay to use them depending
on the congestion and cleanness of the vehicles.

Makes more sense to pay for roads out of general taxation revenue.

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be
free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There was
very little information about what the charge would be, and I did not get
a receipt.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 05:18:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."