Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default M6 Toll

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I think folk are soon going to have to assume tolls, since many cities are
going to charge at the outskirts if you use your car, I can see roads
going this way too, after all if eventually the idea is to go electric,
the taxing could be a nightmare, safer to charge for where cars go and you
could dismantle car tax and the like and just pay to use them depending
on the congestion and cleanness of the vehicles.

Makes more sense to pay for roads out of general taxation revenue.

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening
presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be
free?

I used the toll road and there was very little traffic on it. There was
very little information about what the charge would be, and I did not get
a receipt.

--
Michael Chare