Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default M6 Toll

On 04/06/2021 13:14, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I think folk are soon going to have to assume tolls, since many cities are
going to charge at the outskirts if you use your car, I can see roads going
this way too, after all if eventually the idea is to go electric, the taxing
could be a nightmare, safer to charge for where cars go and you could
dismantle car tax and the like and just pay to use them depending on the
congestion and cleanness of the vehicles.
Brian

No thanks, you'll have no idea of what a journey will cost, especially
with variable road pricing. Just go to a per mile, fixed rate, set a
level that replaces both VED and fuel duty and brings the same total
into the treasury.