Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default strange mauve cast on youtube video

I've borrowed one of those cheap £50 4k 360 deg experience cameras and was hoping to use it to get a 180 pano shots , rather than spend £300+ on a go Pro.

So after messing about and finding I couldn't do it on a Mac (or rather a way to do it) , using a PC I got a suitable file 7GB for 15mins of video. uploaded it to utube, which took about 1 hour then it started processing 2 hours later it was still prcessing, went to bed and next day it was done.
But was annoyed after all the effort that the resulting video now had a strong and annoying mauve cast to it.
I was using firefox at the time, so asked a work collegue if he knew why
and becasue I had to log on to my work email I used safari and the cast was gone, using chrome no cast so it seem that only FF has this cast but why no other video I've watched on yuotube has this.

Not sure I expect anyone to know but if you've experienced this don't worry just aviod FF.

This is the video it was just a test so not really made for interesting viewing and nothing much happens until 8mins in when a pair of tits come into frame
No if the above isn't clickbait what is ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6PRdp-aBU&t=15s

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

"All YouTube videos playback as green and purple"

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...en_and_purple/

"about:config in your address bar

Search for

media.mediasource.webm.enabled

and double click on it to change it from false to true.
"

Presumably this has something to do with changing the
CODEC choices, and maybe it's a different CODEC that isn't
colour-compromised. I couldn't find any hints as to why
that might help.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 May 2021 07:39:34 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

Not sure I expect anyone to know but if you've experienced this don't
worry just aviod FF.

No mauve caste here using FF88.01 on Win10 PC.

--
TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul wrote:

"All YouTube videos playback as green and purple"

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* media.mediasource.webm.enabled

That vid was shown to me in VP9 format, not WebM, of course it may vary
depending on what fibs various browsers tell youtube.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That sounds like incorrect processing of the complimentary colours, It may
well be that there is a flag in the videos to correct this for different
video formatas and some of the videos do or don't have the flag or maybe
Firefox does not see all the flags, which I suspect is likely the case.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Paul" wrote in message
whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 May 2021 07:39:34 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

[...]

No trace of mauve on my Firefox (88.0.1)
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Same version I'm using at work on a iMac running sierra
Although it's more of a green cast going by the white window frame
rather than the concrete sill.
But get the same at home.
Strange but not something I'm going to worry about as most dont; seem to be affected.

--
Dave W