Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default strange mauve cast on youtube video

On Tue, 11 May 2021 07:39:34 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

I've borrowed one of those cheap £50 4k 360 deg experience cameras and was hoping to use it to get a 180 pano shots , rather than spend £300+ on a go Pro.

So after messing about and finding I couldn't do it on a Mac (or rather a way to do it) , using a PC I got a suitable file 7GB for 15mins of video. uploaded it to utube, which took about 1 hour then it started processing 2 hours later it was still prcessing, went to bed and next day it was done.
But was annoyed after all the effort that the resulting video now had a strong and annoying mauve cast to it.
I was using firefox at the time, so asked a work collegue if he knew why
and becasue I had to log on to my work email I used safari and the cast was gone, using chrome no cast so it seem that only FF has this cast but why no other video I've watched on yuotube has this.

Not sure I expect anyone to know but if you've experienced this don't worry just aviod FF.

This is the video it was just a test so not really made for interesting viewing and nothing much happens until 8mins in when a pair of tits come into frame
No if the above isn't clickbait what is ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6PRdp-aBU&t=15s

No trace of mauve on my Firefox (88.0.1)
--
Dave W