Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT: Browsing Problems

I know there are a lot of folk around here who are deeper into
these matters than me, so I'm looking for a way forward. If the
error messages were a bit more helpful, I might know where to
look.

I have a problem with Nottingham Playhouse login which is
puzzling me, and although it may be caused by something they have
changed, it looks like resolution is down to me. I would welcome
any advice.

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

Other browsers just show an icon and
"tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused to connect."

Using https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

"Your web browser is:
Firefox 87 on Windows 10
Your web browser is up to date

Your Web Browser's Settings:

Is JavaScript enabled?
Yes - JavaScript is enabled

Are Cookies enabled?
Yes - Cookies are enabled

Are Third-Party Cookies enabled?
Yes - Third-Party Cookies are enabled"

Our laptops behave the same.

My Android tablet using Firefox shows:

"Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy
This page has an X-Frame-Options Policy that prevents it being
loaded in this context"

Our mobiles behave the same on wi-fi.

However, my partner's work laptop using a VPN works OK, as does
her mobile using data.

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris

Works ok here on both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Opens home page and
pops up the login box. Win 10, no additional av, connected via Virgin
Media cable box (not in modem mode).
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 18/04/2021 09:46, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

Is Kaspersky on everything?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

I know there are a lot of folk around here who are deeper into
these matters than me, so I'm looking for a way forward. If the
error messages were a bit more helpful, I might know where to
look.

I have a problem with Nottingham Playhouse login which is
puzzling me, and although it may be caused by something they have
changed, it looks like resolution is down to me. I would welcome
any advice.

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

As I tried earlier in the week, it still works for me
firefox 64bit
windows 10
plusnet
cloudflare quad1 DNS servers
all 3rd party cookies blocked, other cookies allowed but discarded daily
"uBlock origin" and "I don't care about cookies" add-ons installed

Other browsers just show an icon and
"tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused to connect."

Using https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

"Your web browser is:
Firefox 87 on Windows 10
Your web browser is up to date

Your Web Browser's Settings:

Is JavaScript enabled?
Yes - JavaScript is enabled

Are Cookies enabled?
Yes - Cookies are enabled

Are Third-Party Cookies enabled?
Yes - Third-Party Cookies are enabled"

Our laptops behave the same.

can you try a laptop that fails, either on a VPN (free trial?) or on a
MiFi (or neighbour's wifi)? Does it still fail

delete all cookies and force refresh with ctrl-F5

turn on browser console in firefox under developer tools, do you see any
errors.

try turning off firefox enhanced tracking protection for the site under
the shield icon in the URL bar.

My Android tablet using Firefox shows:

"Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy
This page has an X-Frame-Options Policy that prevents it being
loaded in this context"

Our mobiles behave the same on wi-fi.

However, my partner's work laptop using a VPN works OK, as does
her mobile using data.

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

tun off virgin DNS hi-jacking at
https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch

or use a DNS server other than Virgin's

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

but their ticketing site is a sub-domain of their main domain, so that
shouldn't be blocked, if it was a totally unrelated domain, it would
need work (by them) to allow one domain permission to do CORS between them.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

ok, scratch that then

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Have you seen this message at the page at
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/
"It's personal

Sign in to unlock offers, check your orders and update your details.

Please Note: If you already have an account with Nottingham Playhouse
but you have not logged in to our new website & booking system since
late September 2020, you will need to reset your password in order to
sign in - please select the "Reset here" link next to forgotten password
below."
Have you logged in since September 2020? If not, can you get to the
"reset here" Link?

FWIW I clicked on "New Customer? Register now" and got a screen to enter
my details. I didn't go any further.

That's using Pale Moon 29.1.1.

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 09:46:06 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

snip

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

JOOI, it still seems ok on Firefox 52.9 on XP/32 and FF V87 on W10/64
(VM Router in modem mode).

(If you use your link it's already where you would be if you clicked
on the silhouette, eg /my-account/.)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

If you were on bt I could understand it as btprootect has been causing maga
problems to alexa and all sorts of things till eventually folk turn it off
in the router. Over enthusiastic black listing. Maybevirgin have something
similar that is affecting you. What happens with pings to the two addresses
and have you tried Edge?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

but their ticketing site is a sub-domain of their main domain, so that
shouldn't be blocked, if it was a totally unrelated domain, it would need
work (by them) to allow one domain permission to do CORS between them.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

ok, scratch that then

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris

Cant reproduce this on firefox 87 linux
The console error logger does say this
GET

scheme
https
host
tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk
filename
/nottinghamplayhouse/api/v3/customer
Address
104.16.235.68:443
Status401
Unauthorized
Version
HTTP/2
Transferred 608 B (19 B size)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

so it may be that you have an uber strict cross origin setting.

I cant figure out exactly which security thing top twiddle in firefox

But in firefox, rightclick the page and select inspect element to bring
up the debugger, and click on console to see what errors etc are being
reported by te browser in more detail

--
€œThe ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.€

Herbert Spencer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18 Apr 2021 10:03:30 GMT, Tim Streater
wrote:

On 18 Apr 2021 at 09:46:06 BST, Chris J Dixon wrote:

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

Not sure what you mean by silhouette, but from here on Safari to the above URL
I get an invitation to login or join.

sigh How unimaginative the left brainers are ... the 'silhouette' of
the person = User login ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 18 Apr 2021 at 09:46:06 BST, Chris J Dixon wrote:

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

Not sure what you mean by silhouette, but from here on Safari to the above URL
I get an invitation to login or join.

sigh How unimaginative the left brainers are ... the 'silhouette' of
the person = User login ...

sigh what a tiresome **** you are.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 18 Apr 2021 at 09:46:06 BST, Chris J Dixon wrote:

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

Not sure what you mean by silhouette, but from here on Safari to the above URL
I get an invitation to login or join.

sigh How unimaginative the left brainers are ... the 'silhouette' of
the person = User login ...

sigh what a tiresome **** you are.

Yet you_just_can't_resist reading everything I type for some reason so
you may well be the tiresome one with no life of your own?

See, if you weren't *also* a left brainer (and hence why you were
triggered) you would know the Squeaker Goblin and I have long history
and he likes trying to pick on what he thinks are my mistakes but more
than often he just faceplants.

We enjoy it though. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Chris

There may be an addon to fix it. The post in question was edited
in 2019. Apparently, the most likely looking about:config entry,
doesn't work.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ity-in-firefox

edited Jun 3 '19 at 16:21 andrej

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rs-everywhere/

And the site shouldn't do that. They should
find a way to fix it on their end. Not saddle
the user community with the problem.

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul wrote:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rs-everywhere/

And the site shouldn't do that. They should
find a way to fix it on their end. Not saddle
the user community with the problem.

I wouldn't install an add-on to bypass CORS.

As you say *if* that's the issue, the site should fix it at their end,
but enough people here have said the site gets to a login dialogue, so I
don't think it's a CORS issue anyway, the 401 error that TNP mentioned
earlier is just the standard way for the site to say "you need to login".

To the O/P I suggest running firefox in safemode (Help/Restart with
Add-Ons disabled) and try again, alternatively create a new profile and
run with that (firefox.exe -p)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No the silhouette is lost to me as a blind person. However I do hope the
router does not use the virgin name server as its notorious for being out of
date at times and sending you to the wrong place. Use one of the free ones
out there.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

On 18/04/2021 09:46, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

Is Kaspersky on everything?

I'll have to check. Not sure how the mobile is OK on data, but
not on wi-fi.

Chris.
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Andy Burns wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

[...]

I'll have a look at that

delete all cookies and force refresh with ctrl-F5

turn on browser console in firefox under developer tools, do you see any
errors.

The loading of
https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse....e&resize=true”
in a frame is denied by “X-Frame-Options“ directive set to
“SAMEORIGIN“. loginlogout.aspx

My Android tablet using Firefox shows:

"Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy
This page has an X-Frame-Options Policy that prevents it being
loaded in this context"

Our mobiles behave the same on wi-fi.

However, my partner's work laptop using a VPN works OK, as does
her mobile using data.

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

tun off virgin DNS hi-jacking at
https://my.virginmedia.com/advancederrorsearch

Already off

or use a DNS server other than Virgin's

I don't use Virgin DNS

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Jeff Layman

Have you seen this message at the page at
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/
"It's personal

Sign in to unlock offers, check your orders and update your details.

Please Note: If you already have an account with Nottingham Playhouse
but you have not logged in to our new website & booking system since
late September 2020, you will need to reset your password in order to
sign in - please select the "Reset here" link next to forgotten password
below."
Have you logged in since September 2020? If not, can you get to the
"reset here" Link?

Yes thanks, that was all taken care of long ago.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Cant reproduce this on firefox 87 linux
The console error logger does say this
GET

scheme
https
host
tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk
filename
/nottinghamplayhouse/api/v3/customer
Address
104.16.235.68:443
Status401
Unauthorized
Version
HTTP/2
Transferred 608 B (19 B size)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

so it may be that you have an uber strict cross origin setting.

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy, I don't
appear to have to ability to do anything about it.

I cant figure out exactly which security thing top twiddle in firefox

But in firefox, rightclick the page and select inspect element to bring
up the debugger, and click on console to see what errors etc are being
reported by te browser in more detail

I've just posted this above, but for clarity:

The loading of
https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse....e&resize=true”
in a frame is denied by “X-Frame-Options“ directive set to
“SAMEORIGIN“. loginlogout.aspx

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Paul wrote:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rs-everywhere/

And the site shouldn't do that. They should
find a way to fix it on their end. Not saddle
the user community with the problem.

I wouldn't install an add-on to bypass CORS.

As you say *if* that's the issue, the site should fix it at their end,
but enough people here have said the site gets to a login dialogue, so I
don't think it's a CORS issue anyway, the 401 error that TNP mentioned
earlier is just the standard way for the site to say "you need to login".

To the O/P I suggest running firefox in safemode (Help/Restart with
Add-Ons disabled) and try again, alternatively create a new profile and
run with that (firefox.exe -p)

With add-ons disabled there is no change.

As I said originally, I get the same problem in every browser I
have tried - Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi. The only difference is that,
instead of an explanation I simply get the image of a page with
the corner folded over and a circle with a line through it.

Mouseover text reads "tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused
to connect."

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2021 09:07, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

Paul wrote:

[...]

Perhaps your IP address has been mixed up with a known IP address
belonging to a known ticket tout?

As a quick test, you could download and install Opera and turn on the
VPN within it. Then try the website within Opera with the VPN turned on
and see what happens?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

The loading of
€œhttps://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse....resize=true€
in a frame is denied by €œX-Frame-Options€œ directive set to
€œSAMEORIGIN€œ. loginlogout.aspx

The http headers I receive for that page doesn't include any
X-Frame-Options field, let alone one containing sameorigin

I see they are front-ended by cloudflare, wonder if virgin customers are
reaching a stale copy of the page because virgin have a set of
cloudflare caches "locally"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy, I don't
appear to have to ability to do anything about it.

That's right, but they only seem to be telling *your* browser to be
strict, not everyone else's :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Andy Burns wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

The loading of
https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse....e&resize=true”
in a frame is denied by “X-Frame-Options“ directive set to
“SAMEORIGIN“. loginlogout.aspx

The http headers I receive for that page doesn't include any
X-Frame-Options field, let alone one containing sameorigin

I see they are front-ended by cloudflare, wonder if virgin customers are
reaching a stale copy of the page because virgin have a set of
cloudflare caches "locally"?

I have absolutely no idea, or what to do to find out.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Mouseover text reads "tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused
to connect."

What happens if you just try to load the contents of the IFRAME by
itself, not within the main page's IFRAME?

https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/nottinghamplayhouse/website/secure/loginlogout.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

SH wrote:

Perhaps your IP address has been mixed up with a known IP address
belonging to a known ticket tout?

As a quick test, you could download and install Opera and turn on the
VPN within it. Then try the website within Opera with the VPN turned on
and see what happens?

By Jove! The Opera VPN allows me in.

So, what is my next move?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

wonder if virgin customers are reaching a stale copy of the page
because virgin have a set of cloudflare caches "locally"?

I have absolutely no idea, or what to do to find out.

trying a VPN (the opera suggestion by SH is a good one) to see if the
same browser/machine fails on virgin, but works when tunnelled ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Mouseover text reads "tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused
to connect."

What happens if you just try to load the contents of the IFRAME by
itself, not within the main page's IFRAME?

https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/nottinghamplayhouse/website/secure/loginlogout.aspx

" Error 1020 Ray ID: 6424d5c04d5654a5 • 2021-04-19 08:41:38 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from
online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6424d5c04d5654a5 • Your IP: 82.1.76.21 •
Performance & security by Cloudflare"

(see also my other response - Opera VPN lets me in!)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:

By Jove! The Opera VPN allows me in.
So, what is my next move?

If you start the firefox webdeveloper tools, and switch to the network
tab, then load just the IFRAME link "https://tickets.blah" that I
pasted, then look at the response headers, does it actually include the

"x-frame-options: sameorigin"

?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon posted
SH wrote:

Perhaps your IP address has been mixed up with a known IP address
belonging to a known ticket tout?

As a quick test, you could download and install Opera and turn on the
VPN within it. Then try the website within Opera with the VPN turned on
and see what happens?

By Jove! The Opera VPN allows me in.

So, what is my next move?

Can you force your router to disconnect and reconnect and get a
different IP address?

--
Algernon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

https://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/nottinghamplayhouse/website/secure/loginlogout.aspx

" Error 1020 Ray ID: 6424d5c04d5654a5 €¢ 2021-04-19 08:41:38 UTC
Access denied
What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from
online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6424d5c04d5654a5 €¢ Your IP: 82.1.76.21 €¢
Performance & security by Cloudflare"

(see also my other response - Opera VPN lets me in!)

Cloudflare think your IP addr has been naughty!

I presume 82.1.76.21 *is* your IP addr? it certainly looks like a
nottingham virgin addr, if it's not static, does rebooting your superhub
(or whatever) get a new addr, maybe ask virgin to release/renew it?

https://community.cloudflare.com/t/community-tip-fixing-error-1020-access-denied/66439
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/04/2021 09:00, Chris J Dixon wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Cant reproduce this on firefox 87 linux
The console error logger does say this
GET

scheme
https
host
tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk
filename
/nottinghamplayhouse/api/v3/customer
Address
104.16.235.68:443
Status401
Unauthorized
Version
HTTP/2
Transferred 608 B (19 B size)
Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

so it may be that you have an uber strict cross origin setting.

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy, I don't
appear to have to ability to do anything about it.

no. it is a setting in the browser.

I cant figure out exactly which security thing top twiddle in firefox

But in firefox, rightclick the page and select inspect element to bring
up the debugger, and click on console to see what errors etc are being
reported by te browser in more detail

I've just posted this above, but for clarity:

The loading of
€œhttps://tickets.nottinghamplayhouse....resize=true€
in a frame is denied by €œX-Frame-Options€œ directive set to
€œSAMEORIGIN€œ. loginlogout.aspx

So it is what I said. you have somehow got an uber strict policy set in
firefox

Chris

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 19/04/2021 09:32, Andy Burns wrote:
Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy, I don't
appear to have to ability to do anything about it.

That's right, but they only seem to be telling *your* browser to be
strict, not everyone else's :-(

It isnt right.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2021 09:40, Chris J Dixon wrote:
SH wrote:

Perhaps your IP address has been mixed up with a known IP address
belonging to a known ticket tout?

As a quick test, you could download and install Opera and turn on the
VPN within it. Then try the website within Opera with the VPN turned on
and see what happens?

By Jove! The Opera VPN allows me in.

So, what is my next move?

Chris

OK, its clear that the IP address you are on is black-listed somewhere,
either by the website's own firewall or as part of a security feature
the website pays for (which appears to be the Cloudflare ray whatsit
from your other reply).

It sounds as if the website is paying for Cloudflare's services, it will
not make any difference changing your DNS settings, you would still be
on the same IP and still blocked.

So you several options:

1. use a VPN. Quite a few good ones out there such as Tunnel Bear or
Windscribe, think you get a feww GB/month free, this will then work for
your whole machine whereas the VPN within Opera is just for use within
Opera.

2. Ask VM to give you a static IP. This may not be free or available as
an option

3. The Superhub can operate in modem or router mode. switching from one
to the other changes the VM IP but it does mean you then have to make
changes to your own home network setup.

4. Dump VM and go with a different ISP.

5. Just use Opera with the VPN for more "challenging" sites.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

P.S. you could actually try tunnelbear or Windscribe VPN's then try the
website on your usual browsers of firefox, edge and chrome etc?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy,

no. it is a setting in the browser.

No, its a configuration option in the webserver that the browser obeys,
e.g. this page shows how to configure it for apache, nginx, iis etc

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy,

no. it is a setting in the browser.

No, its a configuration option in the webserver that the browser obeys,
e.g. this page shows how to configure it for apache, nginx, iis etc

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options

Not quite. Servers may request it, but browsers may or may not honour it.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy,

no. it is a setting in the browser.

No, its a configuration option in the webserver that the browser
obeys, e.g. this page shows how to configure it for apache, nginx, iis
etc

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options

Not quite. Servers may request it, but browsers may or may not honour it.

The danger of relying on client-side security ...

But in this case it's irrelevant, the proper tickets iframe doesn't rely
on sameorigin, it's only the "you're blocked" page being substituted by
cloudflare that is triggering the error.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Chris J Dixon wrote:

AIUI, it is the web site that has the strict policy,

no. it is a setting in the browser.

No, its a configuration option in the webserver that the browser
obeys, e.g. this page shows how to configure it for apache, nginx,
iis etc

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options

Not quite. Servers may request it, but browsers may or may not honour it.

The danger of relying on client-side security ...

But in this case it's irrelevant, the proper tickets iframe doesn't rely
on sameorigin,

it did wiv me i think

it's only the "you're blocked" page being substituted by
cloudflare that is triggering the error.

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching