Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Default OT: Browsing Problems

On 18/04/2021 09:46, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I know there are a lot of folk around here who are deeper into
these matters than me, so I'm looking for a way forward. If the
error messages were a bit more helpful, I might know where to
look.

I have a problem with Nottingham Playhouse login which is
puzzling me, and although it may be caused by something they have
changed, it looks like resolution is down to me. I would welcome
any advice.

If, using my desktop, on
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/ I click on
the silhouette to log in, the popup in Firefox reads "Firefox
can't open this page.

Other browsers just show an icon and
"tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused to connect."

Using https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

"Your web browser is:
Firefox 87 on Windows 10
Your web browser is up to date

Your Web Browser's Settings:

Is JavaScript enabled?
Yes - JavaScript is enabled

Are Cookies enabled?
Yes - Cookies are enabled

Are Third-Party Cookies enabled?
Yes - Third-Party Cookies are enabled"

Our laptops behave the same.

My Android tablet using Firefox shows:

"Blocked by X-Frame-Options Policy
This page has an X-Frame-Options Policy that prevents it being
loaded in this context"

Our mobiles behave the same on wi-fi.

However, my partner's work laptop using a VPN works OK, as does
her mobile using data.

I can't find any settings in browser, Virgin Media, Kaspersky or
Router that suggest they might be involved.

Initially, Playhouse said:

"... the issue may be due to strict security settings on your
devices that block cross-domain traffic - put simply, our booking
page has two domains. One for our website itself and one for our
ticketing system.

I have turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection for the Playhouse
site, but it doesn't help.

The Virgin Media box is in modem mode feeding a Netgear Nighthawk
R7000.

I'm really not sure now where to look to address the issue.

Have you seen this message at the page at
https://nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk/my-account/
"It's personal

Sign in to unlock offers, check your orders and update your details.

Please Note: If you already have an account with Nottingham Playhouse
but you have not logged in to our new website & booking system since
late September 2020, you will need to reset your password in order to
sign in - please select the "Reset here" link next to forgotten password
below."
Have you logged in since September 2020? If not, can you get to the
"reset here" Link?

FWIW I clicked on "New Customer? Register now" and got a screen to enter
my details. I didn't go any further.

That's using Pale Moon 29.1.1.

--

Jeff