Posted to uk.d-i-y
SH[_4_] SH[_4_] is offline

Default OT: Browsing Problems

On 19/04/2021 09:07, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

Paul wrote:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rs-everywhere/

And the site shouldn't do that. They should
find a way to fix it on their end. Not saddle
the user community with the problem.

I wouldn't install an add-on to bypass CORS.

As you say *if* that's the issue, the site should fix it at their end,
but enough people here have said the site gets to a login dialogue, so I
don't think it's a CORS issue anyway, the 401 error that TNP mentioned
earlier is just the standard way for the site to say "you need to login".

To the O/P I suggest running firefox in safemode (Help/Restart with
Add-Ons disabled) and try again, alternatively create a new profile and
run with that (firefox.exe -p)

With add-ons disabled there is no change.

As I said originally, I get the same problem in every browser I
have tried - Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi. The only difference is that,
instead of an explanation I simply get the image of a page with
the corner folded over and a circle with a line through it.

Mouseover text reads "tickets.nottinghamplayhouse.co.uk refused
to connect."

Chris

Perhaps your IP address has been mixed up with a known IP address
belonging to a known ticket tout?

As a quick test, you could download and install Opera and turn on the
VPN within it. Then try the website within Opera with the VPN turned on
and see what happens?