Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ed China is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL20nBCi04

Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL20nBCi04

When he left WheelerDealers, I was a bit disinterested in finding out
how his successor Ant Anstead would continue in the show - and decided
to drop that from my viewing (not that it matters much, the show is on a
pay platform these days).

I've started catching up with the free teaser shows on the streaming
discoveryplus app - and it's still a good show with equivalent technical
bits. So no death of the show there, though Ant now lives in the US - a
new Marc "Elvis" Priestley is taking over.

This was recently posted up on youtube.

Mike Brewer on why Edd China left Wheeler Dealers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMBpEkMYuA

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2021 11:01, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL20nBCi04

When he left WheelerDealers, I was a bit disinterested in finding out
how his successor Ant Anstead would continue in the show - and decided
to drop that from my viewing (not that it matters much, the show is on a
pay platform these days).

I've started catching up with the free teaser shows on the streaming
discoveryplus app - and it's still a good show with equivalent technical
bits. So no death of the show there, though Ant now lives in the US - a
new Marc "Elvis" Priestley is taking over.

This was recently posted up on youtube.

Mike Brewer on why Edd China left Wheeler Dealers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMBpEkMYuA

Ed china left because they wanted to dumb down this role and reduce it.,

I watched about a minute of 'Ant' and decided he was a boring wooftah.

Brewer was always superfluous

In practice, there is.
-- Yogi Berra
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2021 11:01 am, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL20nBCi04

When he left WheelerDealers, I was a bit disinterested in finding out
how his successor Ant Anstead would continue in the show - and decided
to drop that from my viewing (not that it matters much, the show is on a
pay platform these days).

I've started catching up with the free teaser shows on the streaming
discoveryplus app - and it's still a good show with equivalent technical
bits. So no death of the show there, though Ant now lives in the US - a
new Marc "Elvis" Priestley is taking over.

This was recently posted up on youtube.

Mike Brewer on why Edd China left Wheeler Dealers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMBpEkMYuA

It was my impression that the Ant Anstey editions of WD were all filmed
in California anyway.

Ant, according to reports, is well-embedded within the semi-reality TV
world and as Cousin Pearl once advised Jed, for that, "California is the
place you oughta be".

He is now connected with that other genre of buying detached houses all
made of ticky-tacky and "flipping" them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2021 11:13 am, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 06/04/2021 11:01, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snL20nBCi04

When he left WheelerDealers, I was a bit disinterested in finding out
how his successor Ant Anstead would continue in the show - and decided
to drop that from my viewing (not that it matters much, the show is on
a pay platform these days).

I've started catching up with the free teaser shows on the streaming
discoveryplus app - and it's still a good show with equivalent
technical bits. So no death of the show there, though Ant now lives in
the US - a new Marc "Elvis" Priestley is taking over.

This was recently posted up on youtube.

Mike Brewer on why Edd China left Wheeler Dealers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzMBpEkMYuA

Ed china left because they wanted to dumb down this role and reduce it.,

I watched about a minute of 'Ant' and decided he was a boring wooftah.

Ant was already a TV performer. His mechanical credentials can't be
anything like Edd's.

Brewer was always superfluous