Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: iOS 14.4.2

Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details, must admit it all looks as before?

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details, must admit it all looks as before?

Richard

my update said "Security settings"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2021 17:28, charles wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details, must admit it all looks as before?

Richard

my update said "Security settings"

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212256

A zero-day vulnerability for webkit and cross site scripting
https://www.google.com/search?q=CVE-2021-1879

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote

Any one know what this latest update has done.

Fixes a security problem "the vulnerability allowed
malicious websites to carry out cross-site scripting"

I just got a message this morning to power up again to complete
the installation and no details, must admit it all looks as before?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default iOS 14.4.2

Well its fixed some bugs in Voice over chuntering on when it should not have
been and I gather a couple of problems with apps like voice deream reader
where the cursor jumped about erratically. Some of these also have more
subtle issues when used in the non blind person mode, I am told but I was
not paying attention. I also believe some issues with Bluetooth were sorted
out.
There is a 14.5 in beta test at the moment I notice.
I'm not brave enough to try that as Apple do have a tendency to fix one
thing and break several others. I'm also still getting random notifications
from reminders when there is nothing to remind me about.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this
morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details,
must admit it all looks as before?

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes that was what they said, but there are as always fixes for us blind
folk, cos it no longer mumbles on about crescent moons and stuff when its
not supposed to etc.

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Any one know what this latest update has done. I just got a message this
morning to power up again to complete the installation and no details,
must admit it all looks as before?

Richard

my update said "Security settings"

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212256

A zero-day vulnerability for webkit and cross site scripting
https://www.google.com/search?q=CVE-2021-1879

--
Adrian C

Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone? Aardvarks Electronics Repair 52 August 7th 16 07:06 PM
iOS 4, locked phone Micky Home Repair 1 March 25th 16 09:46 PM
Make sure you update linux and ios! Dennis@home UK diy 98 October 1st 14 02:02 PM
TOT Efficient (Data Usage) Satnav App for IOS [email protected] UK diy 60 August 2nd 14 08:47 AM
IOS 7 fred[_8_] UK diy 9 November 11th 13 06:47 PM