Posted to alt.home.repair

Default iOS 4, locked phone

In the news they keep talking about the san bernadino bomber cell
iphone being locked, and they say that 10 tries and the phone forgets
the data, and that this is only for i0S 7, but when I google, I found
articles about this going back to iOS 4 and 2010.

So what are the facts?

And what happens if someone with a locked phone forgets the code, but
he's willing to live without the data? Can it be unlocked and how
much does it cost to do that? Or is it just a way to sell more
phones, by making locked ones worthless.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2016 3:31 AM, Micky wrote:
In the news they keep talking about the san bernadino bomber cell
iphone being locked, and they say that 10 tries and the phone forgets
the data, and that this is only for i0S 7, but when I google, I found
articles about this going back to iOS 4 and 2010.

So what are the facts?

And what happens if someone with a locked phone forgets the code, but
he's willing to live without the data? Can it be unlocked and how
much does it cost to do that? Or is it just a way to sell more
phones, by making locked ones worthless.

misc.phone.mobile.iphone

The people in that newsgroup will know.

Help im locked in - i mean out - oh u know what i mean ! Londoncalling UK diy 8 November 8th 12 09:08 AM
Pc..Laptop..Phone Accessories..Mobile phone..shopping online atAmazon siti UK diy 0 March 26th 08 08:03 AM
Stanp2323 Bad Ebayer suppose to be brand new phone, phone was refurb and stolen.E-mailed no reply Chumly Woodworking 8 July 30th 07 03:33 AM
Locked out mr s UK diy 5 November 29th 05 09:28 AM
Locked walk-about phone Bill Electronics Repair 0 August 21st 05 09:09 AM