Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maintenance Free Junction boxes using Wagos

Robin wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

a 222-105 is 16.5mm long, how long is a 773-173 ?

25.6mm

sorry I meant a 222-105 is 26.5mm, so you can fit a 773-173 plus a
222-104, but not a 222-106

if you had a 173 in each side you could fit a 104 in each side and link
them giving 6 positions for CPCs.

wd it be a useful addition to the Wiki when it returns to tabulate more
of them?

could be.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:

TLC have a Data Sheet for the 773 range which lives in me box

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technic...go/Wago102.pdf

Similar for 222

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago412.pdf

and 221

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_Compact_Connectors.pdf

and 2273

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_202.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 26 March 2021 at 17:16:52 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Robin wrote:

TLC have a Data Sheet for the 773 range which lives in me box

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technic...go/Wago102.pdf

Similar for 222

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago412.pdf

and 221

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_Compact_Connectors.pdf

and 2273

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_202.pdf

Well if TLCs measurements are correct then with a 773-173 in a Wagobox slot there is just enough space left to fit a 773-104 on top, just!

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:

TLC have a Data Sheet for the 773 range which lives in me box

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technic...go/Wago102.pdf

Similar for 222

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago412.pdf

and 221

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_Compact_Connectors.pdf

and 2273

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Wago/Wago_202.pdf

Well if TLCs measurements are correct then with a 773-173 in a Wagobox slot there is just enough space left to fit a 773-104 on top, just!

Richard

Just got an email back from Wago to confirm you can fit a 773-173 and a 773-104 in one slot, result!

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

if TLCs measurements are correct

I don't think it's TLC's measurements, those .PDFs look like single
pages extracted from a larger Wago catalogue

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/2021 18:24, Andy Burns wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

if TLCs measurements are correct

I don't think it's TLC's measurements, those .PDFs look like single
pages extracted from a larger Wago catalogue

or leaflets for the individual ranges?

And I should have said I've never found in one place the sizes across
ranges in a convenient document. I did find a catalogue last year but
it was a bit big at 716 pp and 90 MB. The WAGO connectors alone are
spread across 30 or so pages.

https://www.wago.com/gb/d/Info_60391248

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Mar 2021 at 12:17:23 GMT, "Mathew Newton"
wrote:

At the end of the day even if constructing these boxes in less-than-perfect
alignment with the instructions (which you really have to go looking for and
then some time digesting the nuances of) then I'm sure the end result would
be a million times better than the round screw-down junction boxes which I
see are still widely available and, presumably, still used. Sure, such boxes
are not allowed to be used in maintenance free locations but even if
accessible who in real life actually maintains these boxes and how often?

Am I the only person who finds traditional junction boxes too easy to destroy
the terminals by over-tightening and distorting them? Modern push-in
terminals are much less easy to get wrong.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

At the end of the day even if constructing these boxes in
less-than-perfect alignment with the instructions (which you really
have to go looking for and then some time digesting the nuances of)
then I'm sure the end result would be a million times better than the
round screw-down junction boxes which I see are still widely available
and, presumably, still used. Sure, such boxes are not allowed to be
used in maintenance free locations but even if accessible who in real
life actually maintains these boxes and how often?

Am I the only person who finds traditional junction boxes too easy to
destroy the terminals by over-tightening and distorting them? Modern
push-in terminals are much less easy to get wrong.

The cheap type of JB with the U shaped terminal, yes, especially if you
try and squeeze in too many cables. But there are better (and more
expensive) designs around.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 27/03/2021 10:05, Roger Hayter wrote:

Am I the only person who finds traditional junction boxes too easy to destroy
the terminals by over-tightening and distorting them?

Of course not. There are our apprentices.

--
Adam