Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Maintenance Free Junction boxes using Wagos

On 26 Mar 2021 at 12:17:23 GMT, "Mathew Newton"
wrote:

At the end of the day even if constructing these boxes in less-than-perfect
alignment with the instructions (which you really have to go looking for and
then some time digesting the nuances of) then I'm sure the end result would
be a million times better than the round screw-down junction boxes which I
see are still widely available and, presumably, still used. Sure, such boxes
are not allowed to be used in maintenance free locations but even if
accessible who in real life actually maintains these boxes and how often?

Am I the only person who finds traditional junction boxes too easy to destroy
the terminals by over-tightening and distorting them? Modern push-in
terminals are much less easy to get wrong.

--
Roger Hayter