Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maintenance Free Junction boxes using Wagos

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
On 26 Mar 2021 at 12:17:23 GMT, "Mathew Newton"
wrote:

At the end of the day even if constructing these boxes in
less-than-perfect alignment with the instructions (which you really
have to go looking for and then some time digesting the nuances of)
then I'm sure the end result would be a million times better than the
round screw-down junction boxes which I see are still widely available
and, presumably, still used. Sure, such boxes are not allowed to be
used in maintenance free locations but even if accessible who in real
life actually maintains these boxes and how often?

Am I the only person who finds traditional junction boxes too easy to
destroy the terminals by over-tightening and distorting them? Modern
push-in terminals are much less easy to get wrong.

The cheap type of JB with the U shaped terminal, yes, especially if you
try and squeeze in too many cables. But there are better (and more
expensive) designs around.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.