Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Monitor display position ?

Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen.
I have tried Control panel / Resolution / Display settings.
Also, The monitor on screen display position settings.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days.
Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

factory reset using the monitor's inbuilt menu?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2021 10:11, ss wrote:
Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen.
I have triedÂ*Â* Control panel / Resolution / Display settings.
Also,Â* The monitor on screen display position settings.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days.
Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?

Sounds like sticky fingers have reconfigured the monitor.

i.e its in the monitor.

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 13/03/2021 10:17, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt
fill the screen.

factory reset using the monitor's inbuilt menu?

Excellent, that sorted it, Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably thought it was a telly.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
ss wrote:

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

factory reset using the monitor's inbuilt menu?

Excellent, that sorted it, Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Probably thought it was a telly.

I remember trying to use a fairly early TV with an HDMI input as a
monitor. A so called HD ready set. No dedicated Windows driver available,
and would only work on one resolution on the one Windows chose. But it was
the overscan which made it unusable.

I've got a smart 24" Samsung TV in the workshop above the 'electronics'
bench. Fed via an HDMI splitter from the computer monitor feed - to view
things like circuit diagrams while working on things. Works a treat.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2021 10:11, ss wrote:
Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen.
I have triedÂ*Â* Control panel / Resolution / Display settings.
Also,Â* The monitor on screen display position settings.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days.
Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?

Is the displayed image being compressed - so you can see everything but
it is not filling the full display area, or, is it cropping the image so
you are losing the right hand edge of the image?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote

Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen.
I have tried Control panel / Resolution / Display settings.

Also, The monitor on screen display position settings.

Thats the important one.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days.
Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?

Looks like it is starting to fail if you have cycled the power.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2021 10:11, ss wrote:
Win 7 & Samsung monitor.

The on screen display leaves a 5 cm gap on the right of the screen.
I have tried Control panel / Resolution / Display settings.
Also, The monitor on screen display position settings.

When I try and drag the display it stops at the 5 cm gap so doesnt fill
the screen.

This has only started in the last couple of days.
Any ideas or is the monitor starting to fail?

Sounds like sticky fingers have reconfigured the monitor.

Can't be that given that the monitor on screen
display position settings dont fix it.

i.e its in the monitor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:35:47 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 13/03/2021 15:49, John Rumm wrote:
Is the displayed image being compressed - so you can see everything but
it is not filling the full display area, or, is it cropping the image so
you are losing the right hand edge of the image?

I can see everything so not cropping.
A factory reset on the monitor sorted it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2021 19:33, ss wrote:
On 13/03/2021 15:49, John Rumm wrote:
Is the displayed image being compressed - so you can see everything
but it is not filling the full display area, or, is it cropping the
image so you are losing the right hand edge of the image?

I can see everything so not cropping.
A factory reset on the monitor sorted it.

Yup saw that after I posted :-)

--
Cheers,

John.