Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sitting here doing nothing, watching Tim Hunkin doing things

Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

Tim Hunkin has made a new video

Shame Rex Garrod isn't still around ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Brilliant! Many thanks for the heads up.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used
them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2021 09:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has
used them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

His upcoming vids,

THE SECRET LIFE OF COMPONENTS
https://www.timhunkin.com/a241_component-videos.htm

Youtube Channel Subscribed (How did I not?)

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used
them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

Kinda sad to see in some respects. His fluency of speech is definitely down
compared to days of old but then again, Im sure mine is too. I dont have
old videos to compare myself with though.

A bit surprised to see him welding without gloves at one point and the way
that his chain riveting technique left him with tight links. A proper
chain tool lets you push a rivet with the back plate supported or
unsupported so that you can make fine adjustments.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2021 10:47, Tim+ wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used
them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

Kinda sad to see in some respects. His fluency of speech is definitely down
compared to days of old but then again, Im sure mine is too. I dont have
old videos to compare myself with though.

That might just be a reflection on not having a full production crew
available to do script editing, multiple takes, and lots of slick editing.

A bit surprised to see him welding without gloves at one point

at least he had a mask :-)

and the way
that his chain riveting technique left him with tight links. A proper
chain tool lets you push a rivet with the back plate supported or
unsupported so that you can make fine adjustments.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 15/03/2021 01:57, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/03/2021 10:47, Tim+ wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he
has used
them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

He's 70 and looks and sounds nearer eighty.

Kinda sad to see in some respects. His fluency of speech is definitely
down
compared to days of old but then again, Im sure mine is too.Â* I dont
have
old videos to compare myself with though.

That might just be a reflection on not having a full production crew
available to do script editing, multiple takes, and lots of slick editing.

A bit surprised to see him welding without gloves at one point

at least he had a mask :-)

and the way
that his chain riveting technique left him with tight links.Â* A proper
chain tool lets you push a rivet with the back plate supported or
unsupported so that you can make fine adjustments.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.