Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Sitting here doing nothing, watching Tim Hunkin doing things

On 10/03/2021 10:47, Tim+ wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
It happens that misterroy formulated :
Tim Hunkin has made a new video about Chains and Belts and how he has used
them.
The machines he has made are fantastic, they get wee brief shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN0PBBzEHw

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. He is looking quite old now.

Kinda sad to see in some respects. His fluency of speech is definitely down
compared to days of old but then again, Im sure mine is too. I dont have
old videos to compare myself with though.

That might just be a reflection on not having a full production crew
available to do script editing, multiple takes, and lots of slick editing.

A bit surprised to see him welding without gloves at one point

at least he had a mask :-)

and the way
that his chain riveting technique left him with tight links. A proper
chain tool lets you push a rivet with the back plate supported or
unsupported so that you can make fine adjustments.

--
Cheers,

John.