Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer question

I've got a Nilfisk pressure washer and bought a patio cleaning attachment for it.

It's roughly circular with a brush that forms the wall of the thing and sits on the ground in use. Inside there is a rotating arm with two nozzles on pointing slightly to one side.

The pressure of the water is clearly meant to make the thing rotate and it did so when I first got it 4 years ago but it stopped working and I gave up on it

I've now got it out again and tried to make it work but it doesn't rotate, just squirts.

I tried cleaning all its nozzles. There are three holes in the centre which seem to serve to let some of the incoming water out so the entire flow doesn't just go through the rotating bit, so I blocked two out of the three with screws to make more water go to the rotating bit. It does now rotate but not particularly fast and the end result is that it still doesn't clean my patio!

Any ideas on this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:

[...]

If you just flick the rotating arm when dry, how freely does it
rotate?

You can sometimes get enough grit or sand in the moving parts to
jam it.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It rotates very freely
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:
[...]

Does the pressure washer still work with the ordinary lance? Is the pump
working at full flow with the patio cleaner?

I ask this as my pressure washers output changes depending on my lance
setting. On one setting it just squirts mains pressure water, on the other
setting the pump provides high pressure water. Maybe a pipe obstruction is
stopping the pump €śramping up€ť its output?

A poor flow *into* the pump can also do this with my pump.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Did it clean when it did work?

Seems a little odd to rely on water to rotate it.

Nope, that’s how they all work.

"Murmansk" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Brian Gaff (Sofa)"
writes
Did it clean when it did work?
Seems a little odd to rely on water to rotate it.

Excellent question, Brian.

I have a similar unit for a different washer. My complaint is that the
jets do an excellent job of cleaning a very narrow circular strip. Moved
across the patio at any speed you create a *coiled spring* pattern.

I think the OP has a pump problem. Frost damage has always been a risk
with pressure washers stored in garden sheds.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 19:46:07 +1100, Rcantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pressure washer

Thanks for those replies

Yes, it did clean effectively at first and I remember being impressed at how fast it rotated.

I think the machine is still washing at full pressure as when I use it with just the lance and one of the two heads, it produces a kind of flat/blade-shaped jet that is very effective and could easily blast imperfect mortar out between bricks and it sends slate chippings flying into next door's garden if I'm not careful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/03/2021 16:57, Murmansk wrote:
[...]

Have you checked that the each of the nozzles points slightly backwards?
Even without pump pressure the head should rotate at slow speeds. I just
cleaned my patio with my Bosch (not very effectively, I must say - the
flat jet lance spray is much more effective, but gets water and mess
everywhere), and found the cleaning head rotated slowly even without me
pulling on the trigger. Once I did, the pump activated and the rotation
increased rapidly.

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Murmansk" wrote in message
[...]

Probably not a lot of help but my Nilfisk compact attachment works well.
It's quicker than conventional pressure washing.
IIRC it wasn't very expensive.

--
Regards
wasbit

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2021 08:01, wasbit wrote:
"Murmansk" wrote in message
[...]

Mine does that.I just blow back through the nozzles with the airline and
its fine again for several hours.

Brilliant tool for cleaning hard surfaces.

Mike