Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Pressure washer question

Murmansk wrote:
I've got a Nilfisk pressure washer and bought a patio cleaning attachment for it.

It's roughly circular with a brush that forms the wall of the thing and
sits on the ground in use. Inside there is a rotating arm with two
nozzles on pointing slightly to one side.

The pressure of the water is clearly meant to make the thing rotate and
it did so when I first got it 4 years ago but it stopped working and I gave up on it

I've now got it out again and tried to make it work but it doesn't rotate, just squirts.

I tried cleaning all its nozzles. There are three holes in the centre
which seem to serve to let some of the incoming water out so the entire
flow doesn't just go through the rotating bit, so I blocked two out of
the three with screws to make more water go to the rotating bit. It does
now rotate but not particularly fast and the end result is that it still
doesn't clean my patio!

Any ideas on this?

Does the pressure washer still work with the ordinary lance? Is the pump
working at full flow with the patio cleaner?

I ask this as my pressure washers output changes depending on my lance
setting. On one setting it just squirts mains pressure water, on the other
setting the pump provides high pressure water. Maybe a pipe obstruction is
stopping the pump €śramping up€ť its output?

A poor flow *into* the pump can also do this with my pump.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls