Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - binoculars with built in camers

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish or
usability is poor.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 GMT, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish or
usability is poor.

Search for digital binoculars

or if you really want to pay for quality

digital binoculars swarovskli

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:29:47 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

On 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 GMT, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

Search for digital binoculars

or if you really want to pay for quality

digital binoculars swarovskli

But have you used them?

--
Dell Latitude 7280 with Full HD and Thunderbolt (woo hoo)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish or
usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a phone
camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 15:05, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea* but not much good if the quality is
rubbish or
usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a phone
camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

These always seem to be crap - the iris is never big enough so you
always get a 'porthole' picture. I haven't tried expensive ones, but it
seems like a normal binocular with a normal phone just isn't quite
compatible.

--
Cheers
Clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 15:30, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 26/02/2021 15:05, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea* but not much good if the quality is
rubbish or
usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a
phone camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

These always seem to be crap - the iris is never big enough so you
always get a 'porthole' picture.* I haven't tried expensive ones, but it
seems like a normal binocular with a normal phone just isn't quite
compatible.

realistically the limits on telephoto photography of this sort are
camera shake, and in this contexts a DSLR with a VR telephoto is hard to
beat

Ive used 400mm prime on a tripod, but realistically 300mm is the limit
on a hand held.

Liek a sniper, the binocs are for spotting, the telehoto equiupped gun
or camera is to take the shot...

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

My 12x stabilised Canon binocs are not bad, although they are both heavy
and bulky (and not cheap). Just a matter of time before they fit them
with a phone-type camera I guess (or even two, for stereo).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You could in them old days even do this with ordinary cameras. A bit awkward
to hold though. Back in the day I got a good shot of a bloke putting a fuel
hose into an aircraft fuel tank with a diy version. Did look a bit washed
out thehough.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or
usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a phone
camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish or
usability is poor.

Cheers

Dave R

I get far better pictures of distant objects from my Nikon P600 than I
can see through my Carl Zeiss 10 x 80 binoculars. I have the bins on my
windowsill but I usually go and get the camera if there's something
happening. I should mention that I have a very good view in that direction.

I find that it's much easier to use the camera (with the screen) than it
is to use the bins.

You want to get a camera.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 26/02/2021 18:32, williamwright wrote:
[...]

Although not quite the same but I use my zoom (24) on the camera for
viewing something of distant interest, Only downside is needing to
steady the camera at that sort of Zoom....usually on top of my wifes head.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/02/2021 20:22, ss wrote:
[...]

Is she just the right height?

My wife is a little short at 4'11-1/2"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 26/02/2021 20:22, ss wrote:
[...]

You need to trade her in on a replacement and choose more carefully next
time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 14:47:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:32:40 +0000, williamwright wrote:

[...]

Kind of you to assume that I don't already have one.

Just as a hint, on a 35mm camera the 50mm lens is roughly natural size.
So my longest lens (200mm) is roughly 4x natural size.
My binoculars are 10x42 which gives a lot more detail.

So 35mm camera doesn't have enough magnification (unless I want to spend
several hundreds perhaps thousands on a very long lens) which is then only
usable with a monopod or tripod and is also a big thing to lug around.

Small format cameras with LCD screens on the back are fine if on a tripod
and also not having bright sunlight shining on the screen.
Ditto mobile phones.
Both give pretty shaky results if hand held at 10x or higher.
There is also the "just a minute while I dig out and power up and...****,
missed it!" situation.
Not really comparable to leaning it on your window cill.

So, my use case is that I out walking in the countryside, am looking
through binoculars, see something fleetingly visible and want to capture a
picture.

I have large and small cameras and a mobile phone with a decent camera but
these aren't working for me.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:05:50 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a phone
camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

Doesn't really meet my use case (see answer to BW).

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:43:21 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

[...]

Also please see my response to BW up thread.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 +0000, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

OK.

I suppose this is normal for the people on this Group trying to be extra
helpful.

However I haven't had one response saying "I've tried this and found it
good/bad/indifferent.".

Just loads of people suggesting that I get stuff that I have already got,
but have decided isn't quite right for my use case.

Anyway, there is the rest of the weekend. :-)

Cheers

Dave RF

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:14, David wrote:
[...]

what you are asking for is the binoc equivalent of an
electric car that has a range of 600 miles and takes
a few minutes to charge I'm afraid. Combining a decent
camera with a pair of binocs seems to be a compromise
so the manufacturers don't bother when they can make
good quality cameras and good quality binocs as
separate products.

The only possible solution is this Pentax monocular
that has a smart phone adapter, but it is only 6x

https://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/uk_en/m...p-complete-kit

The problem here is the smart phone might have anti-shake but will
not allow for an unsteady hand holding the monocular.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:07, David wrote:

I get far better pictures of distant objects from my Nikon P600 than I
can see through my Carl Zeiss 10 x 80 binoculars. I have the bins on my
windowsill but I usually go and get the camera if there's something
happening. I should mention that I have a very good view in that
direction.

I find that it's much easier to use the camera (with the screen) than it
is to use the bins.

You want to get a camera.

Bill

Kind of you to assume that I don't already have one.

Good grief! I spend some time writing a helpful reply and I get a snooty
response like that!

I'll rephrase it. Get a camera that will do what mine does. I did give
you the model number, trying to be helpful.

Just as a hint, on a 35mm camera the 50mm lens is roughly natural size.
So my longest lens (200mm) is roughly 4x natural size.

Which is hopelessly inadequate for your purpose, just as my SLR with
200mm lens would be. That's why I pointed you towards a specific type of
camera. Did you google it, and find out what the lens is capable of? Did
you ****! Well I shouldn't have wasted my time. You can't educate pork.

My binoculars are 10x42 which gives a lot more detail.

Obviously.

So 35mm camera doesn't have enough magnification (unless I want to spend
several hundreds perhaps thousands on a very long lens) which is then only
usable with a monopod or tripod and is also a big thing to lug around.

That's why I didn't suggest a 35mm camera.

Small format cameras with LCD screens on the back are fine if on a tripod
and also not having bright sunlight shining on the screen.
Ditto mobile phones.

Obviously. But with a proper camera the screen is on a ball socket thing
so you adjust it for the best viewing conditions. I usually use the
camera at waist height and look down at the screen. There's no problem
with glare or anything.

Both give pretty shaky results if hand held at 10x or higher.

Decent modern cameras have image stabilisation. At the longest focal
length, which is the equivalent to 1,850mm on a 35mm camera, I can hand
hold at 1/125 sec and get pin sharp results. And I've got essential tremor.

There is also the "just a minute while I dig out and power up and...****,
missed it!" situation.

The camera is round my neck on standby. Soon as I touch it it's ready.

Not really comparable to leaning it on your window cill.

So, my use case is that I out walking in the countryside, am looking
through binoculars, see something fleetingly visible and want to capture a
picture.

I have large and small cameras and a mobile phone with a decent camera but
these aren't working for me.

Like I said, buy a camera.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:14, David wrote:

However I haven't had one response saying "I've tried this and found it
good/bad/indifferent.".

That's exactly what I said. I even suggested a specific model number as
an example.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:52, Andrew wrote:

what you are asking for is the binoc equivalent of an
electric car that has a range of 600 miles and takes
a few minutes to charge I'm afraid. Combining a decent
camera with a pair of binocs seems to be a compromise
so the manufacturers don't bother when they can make
good quality cameras and good quality binocs as
separate products.

He's not thinking outside his little box. He can see distant things more
clearly through his binoculars that he can through any of his (totally
unsuitable) cameras so he thinks, "It has to be binoculars with a camera
built in." He won't even consider a camera. Blinkered thinking.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 03:47, Rod Speed wrote:

Bill
Although not quite the same but I use my zoom (24) on the camera for
viewing something of distant interest, Only downside is needing to
steady the camera at that sort of Zoom....usually on top of my wifes
head.

Is she just the right height?

My wife is a little short at 4'11-1/2"

You need to trade her in on a replacement and choose more carefully next
time.

Much cheaper to make up a little plinth for her to stand on. DAMHIK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 17:22, newshound wrote:
On 27/02/2021 03:47, Rod Speed wrote:

Bill
Although not quite the same but I use my zoom (24) on the camera for
viewing something of distant interest, Only downside is needing to
steady the camera at that sort of Zoom....usually on top of my wifes
head.

Is she just the right height?

My wife is a little short at 4'11-1/2"

You need to trade her in on a replacement and choose more carefully
next time.

Much cheaper to make up a little plinth for her to stand on. DAMHIK.

Oh no, we are not going there - putting your wife on a pedestal is one
step too far!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 27/02/2021 03:47, Rod Speed wrote:

Bill
Although not quite the same but I use my zoom (24) on the camera for
viewing something of distant interest, Only downside is needing to
steady the camera at that sort of Zoom....usually on top of my wifes
head.

Is she just the right height?

My wife is a little short at 4'11-1/2"

You need to trade her in on a replacement and choose more carefully next
time.

Much cheaper to make up a little plinth for her to stand on.

Much more viable to get her one of these hats.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/atta...d-jpeg.208170/

DAMHIK.

DKEPPW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 08:89 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 08:09:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

08:09??? And you have been up and trolling since 01:48, ALL NIGHT LONG, yet
AGAIN, you subnormal perverted senile SWINE!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:07, David wrote:
Kind of you to assume that I don't already have one.

Just as a hint, on a 35mm camera the 50mm lens is roughly natural size.

No, on a DSLR its a mild telehoto. 35mm is about natural size

So my longest lens (200mm) is roughly 4x natural size.

6x.

My binoculars are 10x42 which gives a lot more detail.

I am saying that if you strap a hand held 400mm on a camera you will get
blur.

Or with fast enough film speed to go for uber short exposures, grain

You can always enlarge a good lenbs image several toimes as well

So 35mm camera doesn't have enough magnification (unless I want to spend
several hundreds perhaps thousands on a very long lens) which is then only
usable with a monopod or tripod and is also a big thing to lug around.

staring from false prenises will always lead you to a false conclusion

Small format cameras with LCD screens on the back are fine if on a tripod
and also not having bright sunlight shining on the screen.
Ditto mobile phones.
Both give pretty shaky results if hand held at 10x or higher.
There is also the "just a minute while I dig out and power up and...****,
missed it!" situation.
Not really comparable to leaning it on your window cill.

So, my use case is that I out walking in the countryside, am looking
through binoculars, see something fleetingly visible and want to capture a
picture.

....Is a fantasy.

I have large and small cameras and a mobile phone with a decent camera but
these aren't working for me.

Perhaps that should tell you something

--
it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism
about their freedom, about the relationship between the individual and

Vaclav Klaus
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:14, David wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 +0000, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

OK.

I suppose this is normal for the people on this Group trying to be extra
helpful.

However I haven't had one response saying "I've tried this and found it
good/bad/indifferent.".

Just loads of people suggesting that I get stuff that I have already got,
but have decided isn't quite right for my use case.

No, basically what we are saying and indeed you are saying is that the
best stuff for the job doesn't live up to your expectations. In short
the world has unobligingly refused to deliver you your dreams.

Try waking up?

Guess why wildlife photographers don't wander around casually snapping
at things with their 10x50s

--
Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,

Ludwig von Mises
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
[...]

Speaking from a Brownie box camera expert POV. Is there a marketing
opportunity here?
What would be the practical difficulty of fitting a digital camera
sensor to binoculars and leading the output to a socket feeding a
storage device?
I understand high magnification, camera shake and exposure time issues
but can also see the originators point about the convenience of
recording something only seen/found through using binoculars.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Streater
writes
On 28 Feb 2021 at 09:53:24 GMT, Tim Lamb wrote:

Speaking from a Brownie box camera expert POV. Is there a marketing
opportunity here?
What would be the practical difficulty of fitting a digital camera
sensor to binoculars and leading the output to a socket feeding a
storage device?
I understand high magnification, camera shake and exposure time issues
but can also see the originators point about the convenience of
recording something only seen/found through using binoculars.

It's not for no reason that all those newspaper sports cameramen you see at
matches have ****ing great lenses. If your binnies are 10 x 40, say, that's
like having a 350mm lens on a digital camera (a proper sized one, I mean). The
f-number of this will be very bad, meaning you have to operate it wide open
(poor depth of field), or you have to crank up the sensor's ISO number
(basically, turning the gain up) to an extent that, to avoid a blurry image
due to camera shake, the image is noisy as **** (coloured speckles all over
it).

Yebbut. My ancient Olympus digital camera has a lens around 6mm
diameter, and smaller still on i-phones etc. They still manage pin sharp
images.
The message seems to be that reducing the field of view, limits the
light input and increases the necessary exposure time. ( I am not a
photographer:-)
Nevertheless, this doesn't seem to match the apparent performance of
relatively cheap digital stuff.

Remember that the eye+brain combo is very good at image processing, and
binnies are very well suited for use with the human eye. In astronomy they
have much larger optics for light-gathering and can, of course, track the
target and keep the shutter open for long periods of time.

Hand held binnies for snapping with *demand* a very short shutter exposure
(without a tripod, anyway), and that would put huge constraints on the other
things you can vary. I'm sure it's doable but not cheap.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 +0000, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dreamy-Bino...e-Watching/dp/
B07146ZMV6/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bewinner-Bi...e-Observation-
Recording-default/dp/B08372RVPP

Two very quick search results to show that binoculars with a camera are a
product and not always expensive.
I'm not proposing these two, just showing that the products are about.

https://best-binoculars.uk/built-camera-reviews/
An example of a review site which gives opinions but doesn't inspire me
with total confidence given the small number of devices reviewed.

Still nobody who has tried one.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/02/2021 11:55, David wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dreamy-Bino...e-Watching/dp/
B07146ZMV6/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bewinner-Bi...e-Observation-
Recording-default/dp/B08372RVPP

Two very quick search results to show that binoculars with a camera are a
product and not always expensive.
I'm not proposing these two, just showing that the products are about.

https://best-binoculars.uk/built-camera-reviews/
An example of a review site which gives opinions but doesn't inspire me
with total confidence given the small number of devices reviewed.

Still nobody who has tried one.

If it helps, I haven't tried one.

There is an old lady in a house a few doors down from me.

She hasn't tried one, either.

:-p

You need to find a read/write community of users. Bird watching is a
major interest, so they should be forums for that, I'd expect.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.birdforum.net/categories...ng-scopes.284/

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:07, David wrote:
Kind of you to assume that I don't already have one.

Just as a hint, on a 35mm camera the 50mm lens is roughly natural size.

No, on a DSLR its a mild telehoto. 35mm is about natural size

wrong. 50/55 mm is correct for a 35mm film, or full-frame DSLR.
35mm is 'normal' for DSLRs with smaller sensors.

A 50mm lens on an APS-C cmos sensor DSLR will be a slight telephoto

https://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/le...ited-lens.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/02/2021 09:53, Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

I am sure nikon could knock up something in the 5grand level or so

But fitting autofocus auto exposure user selectable film speed , a
memory card holder and a usb plug and vibration reduction in a pair of
binocs would probably render them too heavy for usability, too expensive
to risk and in any case inferior to a digital camera

--
Of what good are dead warriors? Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Feb 2021 at 11:41:13 GMT, "David" wrote:

[...]

I think when you use binoculars your postural muscles, arm muscles, eye
muscles, eyes and brain are doing a highly complex job of image
'stabilisation' at several different levels and speeds which would be very
hard for an internal camera to work with. I agree the OPs suggestion would be
very nice to have. My guess is that it has been tried and found to be too
hard. Users would be very disappointed if it only worked with static targets
with the binoculars braced and not with the sort of moving target binoculars
are so useful for.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/02/2021 15:14, Roger Hayter wrote:
[...]

I don't see it being a great problem, when relatively cheap video
cameras are offering both optical and digital stabilisation at zoom
ratios far higher than most binoculars can achieve.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/02/2021 13:14, David wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 +0000, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

OK.

I suppose this is normal for the people on this Group trying to be extra
helpful.

However I haven't had one response saying "I've tried this and found it
good/bad/indifferent.".

Just loads of people suggesting that I get stuff that I have already got,
but have decided isn't quite right for my use case.

I suspect if you have googled for what you seek, you will have found
that there are no products out there that meet your particular
requirements. Yes there are binos with inbuilt cameras, but many of them
are limited to HD video resolutions, and don't make particularly good
stills cameras.

Now this is not just a case of the internet conspiring to hide stuff
from you, or us just being mean, or not understanding your question.
It's a reflection of the fact that as with many photography related
things, its all about the compromise, and the binocular format places
place significant limitations on the design of an embedded digital camera.

In short it means you can't have what you want exactly, and a "proper
camera" is likely to be the only option. As you highlight, a traditional
DSLR and adequate lens is likely to be big and expensive to cart around,
so the smaller integrated zoom cameras would probably be a better
starting point.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 12:38:31 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

[...]

Do you not think this would do a job?

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/gb/en...h-spec/dg-8x25

Sticky Binoculars HellyB UK diy 122 April 20th 17 11:31 AM
OT-ish: cleaning binoculars lenses Another John UK diy 32 September 30th 10 11:04 PM
Binoculars And Binocular Straps - The Perfect Gift [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 26th 08 08:29 PM
Binoculars And Binocular Straps - The Perfect Gift [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 08 01:52 PM
Cheap but excellent Binoculars Michael Mcneil UK diy 1 December 14th 04 04:51 PM