Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur[_2_] Clive Arthur[_2_] is offline

Default OT - binoculars with built in camers

On 26/02/2021 15:05, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/02/2021 13:06, David wrote:
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through
the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible ideaÂ* but not much good if the quality is
rubbish or
usability is poor.

Applying a bit of lateral thought, you can get adaptors to allow a phone
camera to me mounted on a telescope of half a binocular.

These always seem to be crap - the iris is never big enough so you
always get a 'porthole' picture. I haven't tried expensive ones, but it
seems like a normal binocular with a normal phone just isn't quite
compatible.

--
Cheers
Clive