Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - binoculars with built in camers

On 02/03/2021 12:11, AnthonyL wrote:
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 12:38:31 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 27/02/2021 13:14, David wrote:
On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 13:06:45 +0000, David wrote:

Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera.

A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things
through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture.

Also seen birds, deer, a fox, hares etc.

Has anyone used these things?

Seems like a sensible idea but not much good if the quality is rubbish
or usability is poor.

OK.

I suppose this is normal for the people on this Group trying to be extra
helpful.

However I haven't had one response saying "I've tried this and found it
good/bad/indifferent.".

Just loads of people suggesting that I get stuff that I have already got,
but have decided isn't quite right for my use case.

I suspect if you have googled for what you seek, you will have found
that there are no products out there that meet your particular
requirements. Yes there are binos with inbuilt cameras, but many of them
are limited to HD video resolutions, and don't make particularly good
stills cameras.

Do you not think this would do a job?

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/gb/en...h-spec/dg-8x25

It probably would... but then again that is in effect a dedicated
compact digital camera with long zoom capability, and not a pair of
binoculars. (although it is packaged in a more traditional "non camera"
looking format)

At £1,650 it's also more than twice the price of a Nikon COOLPIX P1000
or similar...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 12:12:35 +0000, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

On 28/02/2021 12:05, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

You need to find a read/write community of users. Bird watching is a
major interest, so they should be forums for that, I'd expect.

https://www.birdforum.net/categories...ng-scopes.284/

Thanks.

Some very helpful people there.

Although their view of a reasonable price for entry level equipment is a
bit eye watering.

Cheers

Dave R

Sticky Binoculars HellyB UK diy 122 April 20th 17 11:31 AM
OT-ish: cleaning binoculars lenses Another John UK diy 32 September 30th 10 11:04 PM
Binoculars And Binocular Straps - The Perfect Gift [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 26th 08 08:29 PM
Binoculars And Binocular Straps - The Perfect Gift [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 21st 08 01:52 PM
Cheap but excellent Binoculars Michael Mcneil UK diy 1 December 14th 04 04:51 PM