Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vaccine queue. Together we can beat this

My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 12:35:36 UTC, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

The term key worker has been expanded to cover a whole host of professions from medical staff/ Care workers to teachers, firemen, police, bin persons, cleaners etc. However at present only medical staff and care workers have been vaccinated and all other €śkey workers€ť simply have to wait there turn based on their age. If your son falls into the category of medical staff or care worker he should have already been offered the vaccine, if not then he should pursue the issue.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now?Â* For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

Could give this a try:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a fever
on Friday night.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 13:01, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 12:35:36 UTC, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

The term key worker has been expanded to cover a whole host of professions from medical staff/ Care workers to teachers, firemen, police, bin persons, cleaners etc. However at present only medical staff and care workers have been vaccinated and all other €śkey workers€ť simply have to wait there turn based on their age. If your son falls into the category of medical staff or care worker he should have already been offered the vaccine, if not then he should pursue the issue.

Around here (Balerno: outskirts of Edinburgh, Scotland) even the chaps
digging the road up (I believe for Vodafone) have 'Hi-Viz vests' on,
with "KEY WORKER" emblazoned on them.
Has the term become so overused it is now meaningless?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 13:03:22 +0000, Richard
wrote:

snip

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a fever
on Friday night.

Should have been on Saturday night. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 14:34, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 13:03:22 +0000, Richard
wrote:

snip

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a fever
on Friday night.

Should have been on Saturday night. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Don't do dancing..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:22:31 +0000, soup wrote:

[...]

And presumably the locksmiths...

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager explained :
And presumably the locksmiths...

--

You beat me to it :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now?Â* For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

Refused? Please explain.

Join the queue.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , michael adams
writes
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Well he can have mine.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 14:22, soup wrote:
[...]

Â*Has the term become so overused it is now meaningless?

City cable?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

Everyone seems to be a key worker these days.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

It seems to have been decided on the risk to the individual. Or if they
work with vulnerable people.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 14:22, soup wrote:
[...]

The guy in my local cobbler's emporium branch has a badge saying "Key
Worker".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

michael adams wrote

My son is a key worker but has been
refused the vaccine until later this year.

Quite right too, we are trying to kill you and get away with doing that.

How can he get the vaccine now?

Fly to the USA and back.

For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 17:53, mm0fmf wrote:
On 21/02/2021 14:22, soup wrote:
[...]

Â*Â*Has the term become so overused it is now meaningless?

The guy in my local cobbler's emporium branch has a badge saying "Key
Worker".

couldn't have been a hammy mens then ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 21/02/2021 16:12, bert wrote:
In article , michael adams
writes
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now?Â* For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Well he can have mine.

Kindly explain. I'll just grab a chair and a bowl of popcorn.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:58 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER TWO HOURS already, yet AGAIN!LOL

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 04:58:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 19:00, Michael Chare wrote:
On 21/02/2021 13:03, Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Could give this a try:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a
fever on Friday night.

Astra Zeneca?

Yep.

That's the one that I had - three weeks ago. No side effects whatsoever,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 20:53, charles wrote:
In article ,
Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 19:00, Michael Chare wrote:
On 21/02/2021 13:03, Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Could give this a try:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a
fever on Friday night.

Astra Zeneca?

Yep.

That's the one that I had - three weeks ago. No side effects whatsoever,

Oh well, I guess my body reacted as if it were under attack. Pretty much
how I would expect a vaccination to work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now?Â* For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

Is he a member of a union?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 19:00, Michael Chare wrote:
On 21/02/2021 13:03, Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Could give this a try:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a
fever on Friday night.

Astra Zeneca?

Yep.

That's the one that I had - three weeks ago. No side effects whatsoever,

Oh well, I guess my body reacted as if it were under attack.

It was, the Astra Zeneca uses a live adenovirus.

Pretty much how I would expect a vaccination to work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 17:58, Rod Speed wrote:
michael adams wrote
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

Quite right too, we are trying to kill you and get away with doing that.
How can he get the vaccine now?

Fly to the USA and back.

You don't have to go that far - just get in a rubber boat somewhere off
the coast from Kent and when picked up just ask for political asylum?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:

My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

What kind of "key" worker?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 19:00, Michael Chare wrote:
On 21/02/2021 13:03, Richard wrote:
On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

How can he get the vaccine now?Â* For the sake of all those who depend
on him. Useful links appreciated.

Could give this a try:
https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronaviru...-an-nhs-number

Had my first one on Thursday - no major side effects except for a
fever on Friday night.

Astra Zeneca?

"Theres more Megxit than Brexit in the news this weekend €“ which is
surely rather a good sign. When the papers can get back to the vital
business of royal spats, it means that Brexit and Covid news is starting
to settle down. Heres hoping it wont be all that long until the people
of the UK are free to visit the park with their friends for a good old
gossip about whatever non-news Meghan and Harry decide to tell Oprah.

Across the EU, by contrast, vaccinations continue at a snails pace.
Frances Emmanuel Macron continues his Trumpian vendetta against the
mounting scientific evidence that Britains decision to prioritise first
doses was the right call, while Germany €“ once lauded for its swift and
effective establishment of a track and trace system €“ has been
struggling with a painfully inefficient roll-out. While European
national governments are not covering themselves in glory, it is clear
that many of the problems are rooted in the European Commissions
insistence on centralised procurement, a fact which is all too obvious
EU citizens. The German journalist Peter Tiedes recent article in The
Times offers a particularly grim assessment of the EU catastrophe, which
is well worth a read for any subscribers who missed it:

€śVon der Leyen started a dispute with the vaccine supplier Astrazeneca,
which was supposed to look daredevilish but was just dumb. She has
disgraced Europe€¦ Worse still, [she] has either knowingly lied to 447
million Europeans or didnt know what she was talking about. Both are
intolerable. The EUs contract with Astrazeneca reveals that the
commission negotiated badly and did not secure any binding rights. It
did not do what it is supposed to do: take care of our Europe. And our
27 governments either did not intervene or intervened too late.€ť

Another article worth reading this week is Ambrose Evans-Pritchards,
demolition of the myth that the British economy suffered a larger
contraction than the Eurozone last year, published in The Telegraph this
week. In fact, the UK outperformed the Eurozone in terms of nominal GDP.
Furthermore, the UKs highly effective vaccination rollout means we
are able to look forward to a sharp period of economic recovery in the
near future. Full vaccination is a far more distant prospect in the EU."

I think Boris may have noticed those two things, after all...

--
€śSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€ť

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 23:11, alan_m wrote:
On 21/02/2021 12:35, michael adams wrote:

My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later
this year.

What kind of "key" worker?

He does breaking and entering using skeleton keys?

Like father, like son...

--
€śSome people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of €¨an airplane.€ť

Dennis Miller

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

How can he get the vaccine now?

Is he a member of a union?

The teachers' unions don't seem to have been successful in queue-jumping.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

His local authority, get registered as a carer seems to be the easiest way,
but it seems to depend on the criteria locally.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"michael adams" wrote in message
My son is a key worker but has been refused the vaccine until later this
year.

How can he get the vaccine now? For the sake of all those who depend on
him. Useful links appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

How can he get the vaccine now?

Is he a member of a union?

The teachers' unions don't seem to have been successful in queue-jumping.

I'd say pressure from any body is likely to take longer to be assessed
than just waiting in the queue. I wouldn't be surprised if all adults have
at least their first jab ahead of schedule, given it isn't actually
organised by the government in many cases.

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 11:33, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:18:44 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

How can he get the vaccine now?

Is he a member of a union?

The teachers' unions don't seem to have been successful in
queue-jumping.

I'd say pressure from any body is likely to take longer to be assessed
than just waiting in the queue. I wouldn't be surprised if all adults
have at least their first jab ahead of schedule, given it isn't actually
organised by the government in many cases.

I've started seeing quite a few posts from people in their 30s who are
being invited for a jab, and they are worried it's mistake.

It's not impossible the entire process could grind to a halt as staff
spend more time dealing with the worried well fretting over "jumping the
queue" than actually giving ****ing jabs.

And from my experience, once you are at the centre they have no idea why.
So if you are invited, just ****ing go. Do us all a favour.

Not heard of "the obese pancake man"?
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...e-nhs-19857990
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 11:33, Jethro_uk wrote:

I've started seeing quite a few posts from people in their 30s who are
being invited for a jab, and they are worried it's mistake.

Perhaps their medical records show them to be more at risk than they
think they are.
And from my experience, once you are at the centre they have no idea why.
So if you are invited, just ****ing go. Do us all a favour.

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 11:52, Jethro_uk wrote:

I bet this is some Yank ****e that is hardcoded with imperial into the
guts and some clunky "code whizz" layer to deal with the Metric bits.

Any why would you use cm rather than metres as the entry?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 22/02/2021 11:33, Jethro_uk wrote:

I've started seeing quite a few posts from people in their 30s who are
being invited for a jab, and they are worried it's mistake.

Perhaps their medical records show them to be more at risk than they think
they are.

I think if you are an "at risk" person you will know

that barrier is very high

On the basis of what I had read in the press, High BP, High BMI, stage 1
cancer, having chest infection, I considered myself to be high risk
(category 6)

but when I got the jab and read the list, I don't actually come close to
meting the threshold on any of these things and I must have just got
selected on the basis of age.

You will be having frequent trips to the doctor/hospital if you are at risk.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

[...]

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...invited-covid-

vaccine-because-nhs-19857990

Yes. Although the reporting was so abysmal, I really CBA to go into it.

And any software that doesn't sanity check inputs like height in a
medical setting should be returning for a full refund as not fit for
purpose.

I bet this is some Yank ****e that is hardcoded with imperial into the
guts and some clunky "code whizz" layer to deal with the Metric bits.

Like this?
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

How can he get the vaccine now?

Is he a member of a union?

The teachers' unions don't seem to have been successful in
queue-jumping.

I'd say pressure from any body is likely to take longer to be assessed
than just waiting in the queue. I wouldn't be surprised if all adults
have at least their first jab ahead of schedule, given it isn't
actually organised by the government in many cases.

I've started seeing quite a few posts from people in their 30s who are
being invited for a jab, and they are worried it's mistake.

It's not impossible the entire process could grind to a halt as staff
spend more time dealing with the worried well fretting over "jumping the
queue" than actually giving ****ing jabs.

Luckily. the 'government' admin side seems well removed from those doing
the oily bits.

My GP organized my jab some 7 weeks ago, as a cooperation between several
local surgeries. Very efficiently done. A couple of weeks ago got a text
from the NHS offering me a jab at the local hospital. Was almost tempted
to accept - as my second one.

And from my experience, once you are at the centre they have no idea
why. So if you are invited, just ****ing go. Do us all a favour.

Quite. Better than accepting then not turning up. Which seems to have
happened far too much. And could result in the Phizer vaccine being wasted.

--
*When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:21:04 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 22/02/2021 11:52, Jethro_uk wrote:

I bet this is some Yank ****e that is hardcoded with imperial into the
guts and some clunky "code whizz" layer to deal with the Metric bits.

Any why would you use cm rather than metres as the entry?

Because you are a Yank app whizz kid who think they understand metric ?

I've never understood why so many use cm. Metres and mm do well enough
here, without complicating matters.

--
*The statement above is false

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

michael adams wrote:

[...]

Which would have been awkward if they were using a different vaccine.

And from my experience, once you are at the centre they have no idea
why. So if you are invited, just ****ing go. Do us all a favour.

Quite. Better than accepting then not turning up. Which seems to have
happened far too much. And could result in the Phizer vaccine being wasted.

Bloody tories again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 13:57, Richard wrote:
[...]

Your result suggests you are
obese

BMI 28095.7

Healthy weight range for your height:
0st 0lb - 0st 0lb

Aim to lose 12lbs
Recommended daily calorie intake:
1176 - 1512 kcal
To lose 1-2lbs a week stick to the lower end of the range.

That sounds doable.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 12:21:04 +0000, alan_m wrote:

On 22/02/2021 11:52, Jethro_uk wrote:

I bet this is some Yank ****e that is hardcoded with imperial into the
guts and some clunky "code whizz" layer to deal with the Metric bits.

Any why would you use cm rather than metres as the entry?

Because you are a Yank app whizz kid who think they understand metric ?

I've never understood why so many use cm. Metres and mm do well enough
here, without complicating matters.

One reason may be that centimetres are the standard for clothing across
Europe. Another reason might be that the NHS uses meters and
centimetres for height. A third may be that most people don't GAF about
the practice in some communities of deprecating prefixes for powers of
10 not divisible by 3 - most people whom IME /don't/ deprecate their use
outside of their professional settings. And patently the EU
institutions don't GAF as EU directives and regulations use centimetres,
centilitres, decimetres etc

--
Robin