Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Well that's the Christmas lights taken down

And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

My lights never went up last year, the cards that went in the window
have mainly curled-up and fallen-over.

OTOH I have just sharpened the blades for my brush cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 13:36:33 UTC, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 12:24:09 UTC, ARW wrote:
And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

My lounge ones have been up for 2 years. Easier than taking them down.

Owain

Some of our outside lights remain in situ all year, generally those that need a ladder to remove, the rest come down with the tree usually the day after New Year this year we almost managed twelfth night.

Big Clive did an interesting YouTube video regards commercial Christmas lights. I noticed on a retail set we bought this year for outside because the wires and sleeving on the LEDs was clear just how much corrosion there was around the soldering after only a few weeks outside. Anyway they were not expensive and if they last as long as the set they replaced I will be happy.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

You'll have brought a curse on yourself. But dunno how long it lasts.
Until time for them to go up again?

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why put them up if it is so much trouble? Neighbour pressure? I don't put
any outside as I can't see them when I am indoors/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2021 14:03, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 13:36:33 UTC, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 12:24:09 UTC, ARW wrote:
And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

My lounge ones have been up for 2 years. Easier than taking them down.

Owain

Some of our outside lights remain in situ all year, generally those that need a ladder to remove, the rest come down with the tree usually the day after New Year this year we almost managed twelfth night.

We have three sets of outside lights - one wrapped around the 7' high
Japanese Willow, another along the Cotoneaster running along the front
fence and the last along the gutter. I use a ladder to put the gutter
ones up (clipped on with clips bent up from wire coat-hangers), but can
get them down, by pushing the clips up with a long stick, from ground
level. It took about 20 minutes to get them all down a packed away on
6th January.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I glued a towel rail back together and the big win is that I did not glue
myself to it. I did spend some time getting hard superglue off my fingers
though, memories of the old aero modelling I did when I could see. Nearly
all glues seem to be much more efficient at adhering to skin than their
intended material I often find.
Now how to fix a rotted fence post till the weather is conducive to get a
man in to replace it... Whose bright idea was it to concrete it in, oh yes,
mine....
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
ARW wrote:

And that's enough DIY for this weekend.

My lights never went up last year, the cards that went in the window have
mainly curled-up and fallen-over.

OTOH I have just sharpened the blades for my brush cutter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2021 09:27, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I glued a towel rail back together and the big win is that I did not glue
myself to it. I did spend some time getting hard superglue off my fingers
though, memories of the old aero modelling I did when I could see. Nearly
all glues seem to be much more efficient at adhering to skin than their
intended material I often find.
Now how to fix a rotted fence post till the weather is conducive to get a
man in to replace it... Whose bright idea was it to concrete it in, oh yes,
mine....
Brian

Something like this might be easier, fence post repair:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/sabrefix-...m-2-pack/23093