Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default for Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:07:06 +0000, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out
of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be
called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you
and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were
you all given numbers or alternative names?

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily
differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

So, if you wanted to specifically call my attention to something (as I
believe was your intention) then the proper / sensible thing would
have been to address it as:

[OT] Attn T i m

And ideally include some form of context or overview as to what the
link is about.

As to the video, yes, you are right, any SiFi film / show that has the
aliens pretending to be our friends yet enslaving, exploiting and / or
eating us should raise some parallels.

Some here would consider that perfectly acceptable of course as long
as the death was 'humane and they were 'superior beings'.

https://ibb.co/pjvqjhk

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out
of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be
called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you
and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were
you all given numbers or alternative names?

I was thy only Jim ....

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily
differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

I assume all Tims are you ....and all tims are Catholic ....

So, if you wanted to specifically call my attention to something (as I
believe was your intention) then the proper / sensible thing would
have been to address it as:

[OT] Attn T i m

And ideally include some form of context or overview as to what the
link is about.

As to the video, yes, you are right, any SiFi film / show that has the
aliens pretending to be our friends yet enslaving, exploiting and / or
eating us should raise some parallels.

Some here would consider that perfectly acceptable of course as long
as the death was 'humane and they were 'superior beings'.

indeed

https://ibb.co/pjvqjhk

Cheers, T i m

you are no fun at all ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out
of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be
called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you
and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were
you all given numbers or alternative names?

I was thy only Jim ....

Ah, the only pupil in your class? The others all moved on?

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily
differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

I assume all Tims are you ....and all tims are Catholic ....

I thought you might.

snip

you are no fun at all ...

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I can do your sort of 'fun'. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 03:39:29 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

you are no fun at all ...

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I can do your sort of 'fun'. ;-(

shame that

For you possibly because, like the other trolls here, seem to treat
everyone else for your personal entertainment and pleasure (including
other species), respecting no one other than yourself?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

you are no fun at all ...

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure I can do your sort of 'fun'. ;-(

shame that

For you possibly because, like the other trolls here, seem to treat
everyone else for your personal entertainment and pleasure (including
other species), respecting no one other than yourself?

Cheers, T i m

but what can you do ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 11:23:13 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

For you possibly because, like the other trolls here, seem to treat
everyone else for your personal entertainment and pleasure (including
other species), respecting no one other than yourself?

but what can you do ...

In your case I'm not sure there is much ... but for many it's a
constant effort to try to be good citizens, to be socially responsible
and consider others.

For example, 'most people' look after their own rubbish but it seems
some (round here but I'm sure elsewhere) need to get their rubbish out
of their own houses (flats?) and DGAF what happens to it safer that.

So they stack it up near open space rubbish bins, the bags get ripped
open and the contents strewn / blown everywhere. They don't even do it
the day before the bins get emptied but whenever it suits *them*.

I'm not sure what's worse, a bag of used disposable nappies or some
broken up furniture or double mattress? ;-(

I'm not sure if the local dump takes fridges and freezers but I'm
guessing the scrap guys can't. So they get left on the pavement /
communal grass for ages till someone cuts the gas pipes and takes the
compressor out (defeating the object of dealing with refrigerant).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2021 12:04, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 11:23:13 +0000, "Jimmy Stewart ..."
wrote:

snip

[...]

people fling fags out of cars ....dine in their car on carry outs and
then fling the wrappers and cups out the window..... fly dump their
rubbish in the country...as I said what can you do .... we share the
world with arseholes ......