Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default for Tim

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:07:06 +0000, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out
of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be
called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you
and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were
you all given numbers or alternative names?

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily
differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

So, if you wanted to specifically call my attention to something (as I
believe was your intention) then the proper / sensible thing would
have been to address it as:

[OT] Attn T i m

And ideally include some form of context or overview as to what the
link is about.

As to the video, yes, you are right, any SiFi film / show that has the
aliens pretending to be our friends yet enslaving, exploiting and / or
eating us should raise some parallels.

Some here would consider that perfectly acceptable of course as long
as the death was 'humane and they were 'superior beings'.

https://ibb.co/pjvqjhk

Cheers, T i m