Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Stewart ... Jimmy Stewart ... is offline

Default for Tim

On 14/02/2021 10:52, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 10:07:06 +0000, Jimmy Stewart
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYZmLaFNcy4&t=1s

Jim.

1) More OT stuff not marked as such.

2) When you were are school (assuming you went), and guessing that out
of a class of 30 in Scotland, at least 50% of the pupils would be
called 'Jim', what did they use as a way to differentiate between you
and all the others? Calling "Mr Stewart" wouldn't help matters so were
you all given numbers or alternative names?

I was thy only Jim ....

My point is that there are several 'Tims' here but we are all easily
differentiable because of how we spell or layout the name.

I assume all Tims are you ....and all tims are Catholic ....

So, if you wanted to specifically call my attention to something (as I
believe was your intention) then the proper / sensible thing would
have been to address it as:

[OT] Attn T i m

And ideally include some form of context or overview as to what the
link is about.

As to the video, yes, you are right, any SiFi film / show that has the
aliens pretending to be our friends yet enslaving, exploiting and / or
eating us should raise some parallels.

Some here would consider that perfectly acceptable of course as long
as the death was 'humane and they were 'superior beings'.

indeed

https://ibb.co/pjvqjhk

Cheers, T i m

you are no fun at all ...