Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 02/13/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:07:46 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/13/2021 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think
they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture.
A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

I had one cat who showed up with the last couple of inches of her tail
hanging on be the skin. It didn't seem to bother her but while she was
busy eating with her tail lying on the floor I did a tailectomy with a
paring knife.

What really bother the cat was the tail didn't look right and she spent
a lot of time chewing and grooming it to try to get it to come to a
point like a proper tail.

Did you name it Miss Manners?

No, my wife named her Philadelphia. I keep it simple -- Cat, or more
formally Black Cat to differentiate this one from the White Cat and
Tabby Cat that come around sometimes.

He's also known as ****head when he does some especially annoying cat
thing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Chatterbox

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:18:42 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

No, my wife named her Philadelphia.

You are married to a woman, lowbrowwoman? Are you a dyke? Whoda known! But
that explains a lot about you!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:07:46 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/13/2021 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think
they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture.
A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

I had one cat who showed up with the last couple of inches of her tail
hanging on be the skin. It didn't seem to bother her but while she was
busy eating with her tail lying on the floor I did a tailectomy with a
paring knife.

What really bother the cat was the tail didn't look right and she spent
a lot of time chewing and grooming it to try to get it to come to a
point like a proper tail.

I did that with a parrot's toenail. But I just pulled it off. He soon forgave me as he was more comfortable without it. They don't grow back unfortunately.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 05:18:42 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

I know someone who named her dog "bawbag" for a laugh, then realised that shouting that loudly across the local park to call it back was embarrassing.

If you've no idea what that means you might have to be Scottish. Baw is their pronounciation of ball, so it means a sack of testicles.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 22:02:42 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/13/2021 11:44 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Wait until you fall over it in the dark going out to your car, then
break your nose on the driveway. You won't feed it again.

After a couple of those encounters, when the cat meets me at the car he
takes another route to the front door and meets me there.

Bloody hell, that shows they might have a second brain cell after all.

I have thought
about getting some luminescent paint and dipping an inch or two of his
tail in it.

Get one of those flashing LED collars. Although that might only work with dogs. I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and removing it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

I know someone who named her dog "bawbag" for a laugh, then realised
that shouting that loudly across the local park to call it back was
embarrassing.

If you've no idea what that means you might have to be Scottish. Baw is
their pronounciation of ball, so it means a sack of testicles.

I had a DI who was fond of referring to his charges as scrotums. One day
he asked if anyone knew what a scrotum was and got a lot of blank stares
so he adopted a less technical phrase.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Get one of those flashing LED collars. Although that might only work
with dogs. I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and
removing it.

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar with some sort of bulky module attached. If the cat cared about
fashion it would commit suicide. It's scrawny and some sort of long
haired breed with a lion cut so it looks like

https://pictures-of-cats.org/wp-cont...h-lion-cut.jpg

The collar and whatever is attached would scale better on a Doberman.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 18:52:16 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I had a DI who was fond of referring to his charges as scrotums.

Good heavens! Will YOU finally remove your ever-babbling big gob from the
unwashed Scottish ******'s scrotum, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 19:02:39 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar

Good grief! Is there NOTHING in this big world that you will NOT gossip
about in your known idiotic manner, you SENILE, ever-gossiping old fart?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 04:03:50 -0000, Bob F wrote:

On 2/14/2021 6:02 PM, rbowman wrote:
Get one of those flashing LED collars. Although that might only work
with dogs. I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and
removing it.

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar with some sort of bulky module attached. If the cat cared about
fashion it would commit suicide. It's scrawny and some sort of long
haired breed with a lion cut so it looks like

https://pictures-of-cats.org/wp-cont...h-lion-cut.jpg

The collar and whatever is attached would scale better on a Doberman.

Cat door opener?

Made in the 70s maybe. Have they not heard of miniaturization? My neighbour's son has a hearing aid that's actually behind his ear, it's huge! I haven't seen those since my grandmother's in the late 70s. They all go inside the ear now and are almost invisible. Must be on the NHS....
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 01:52:16 -0000, rbowman wrote:

I know someone who named her dog "bawbag" for a laugh, then realised
that shouting that loudly across the local park to call it back was
embarrassing.

If you've no idea what that means you might have to be Scottish. Baw is
their pronounciation of ball, so it means a sack of testicles.

I had a DI who was fond of referring to his charges as scrotums. One day
he asked if anyone knew what a scrotum was and got a lot of blank stares
so he adopted a less technical phrase.

I thought everyone knew what scrotum meant.

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 20:03:50 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/14/2021 6:02 PM, rbowman wrote:
Get one of those flashing LED collars.* Although that might only work
with dogs.* I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and
removing it.

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar with some sort of bulky module attached. If the cat cared about
fashion it would commit suicide. It's scrawny and some sort of long
haired breed with a lion cut so it looks like

https://pictures-of-cats.org/wp-cont...h-lion-cut.jpg

The collar and whatever is attached would scale better on a Doberman.

Cat door opener?

Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an electric
fence for a cat?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/15/2021 2:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2021 20:03:50 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/14/2021 6:02 PM, rbowman wrote:
Get one of those flashing LED collars.Â* Although that might only work
with dogs.Â* I can see a cat thinking it's not fashionable enough and
removing it.

The cat at the laundromat may have one of those. It has a wide nylon
collar with some sort of bulky module attached. If the cat cared about
fashion it would commit suicide. It's scrawny and some sort of long
haired breed with a lion cut so it looks like

https://pictures-of-cats.org/wp-cont...h-lion-cut.jpg

The collar and whatever is attached would scale better on a Doberman.

Cat door opener?

Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an electric
fence for a cat?

There are all kinds of cat doors which are only supposed to open for the
correct cat, usually involving something that triggers the door to open
when the cat is very near the door.
..

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill Sergeants.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2021 03:03 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

He hasn't pulled that one yet. I had a bag of cat litter in the car for
traction material. I dumped some into a dishpan and was pleasantly
surprised when the cat figured out what to do with it. If he can't sleep
on it or eat it he isn't interested. You know the thing about cats and
lasers? Forget about it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2021 03:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an electric
fence for a cat?

I don't know how well it worked but I saw a description of a project
from a nerd with to much time on his hands. The door was solenoid
controlled which is no big thing but he had mounted a camera and was
doing facial recognition to screen out skunks, raccoons, and potentially
other cats.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:38:26 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill Sergeants.

Good grief! Does the unwashed Scottish ******'s dick taste THAT good to you,
senile sucker of troll cock?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:42:29 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

He hasn't pulled that one yet.

I see that you still couldn't get yourself to pull your thick senile head
out of the trolling Scottish ******'s arse, lowbrowwoman.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:46:14 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I don't know how well it worked but

....but you will gossip about it anyway, as per usual, senile gossip.

FLUSH

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:42:29 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

I had cats that slept in their food. Until another one wanted the food, then all hell broke loose.

You know the thing about cats and
lasers? Forget about it.

That works just fine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7k1b4NrbNQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder, there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three letters meant two completely different things in a different department.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
[...]

They don't work.

Corse they do.

My neighbour has one. It only works in one direction,

The technical term for that is pathetically inadequate sample.

which really ****es off the cat. You have to be very close to the sensor,

Not with the best of them.

and cats don't understand this. They just slam into the door. I have one
on my own front door, it's a tag on my wrist so I don't have to take a key
with me. But I know I need to place my wrist against the door in a
certain place for it to pick up the signal, a cat can't do that.

They dont need to with the best designs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/15/21 9:46 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/15/2021 03:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an
electric
fence for a cat?

I don't know how well it worked but I saw a description of a project
from a nerd with to much time on his hands. The door was solenoid
controlled which is no big thing but he had mounted a camera and was
doing facial recognition to screen out skunks, raccoons, and potentially
other cats.

I've heard of one designed to not open if the cat is carrying a dead animal.

--
Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as
a sign that you have neither understood thetheory nor the problem which
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector.* Acronyms are useless, if
you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder,
there will be about 30 results.* I once worked where the same three
letters meant two completely different things in a different department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant Digit.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of
dead religions." [The Oscariana of Oscar Fingall O'Flaherty Will Wilde
[1856-1900] for George Bernard Shaw]
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:26:56 -0600, Mark Lloyd, another absolutely brain
dead, troll-feeding, senile cretin, drivelled:

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant Digit.

You remind me of someone I used to know who was a troll-feeding senile
asshole like you, senile idiot!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 16:14:17 -0800, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

.

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:59:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' usual absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:46:14 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/15/2021 03:05 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an electric
fence for a cat?

I don't know how well it worked but I saw a description of a project
from a nerd with to much time on his hands. The door was solenoid
controlled which is no big thing but he had mounted a camera and was
doing facial recognition to screen out skunks, raccoons, and potentially
other cats.

Hmm, novel but useful? IDK

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:42:29 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

He is in command of the house and you are just a servant. Why is it when you
look at a cat you are always eye level to it's asshole?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 16/02/2021 20:35, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

There are ones unlocked by a magnetic device on the cat's collar (which
are okay if no other cats have them) or by a coded device on the collar
(okay unless you have a cat that keeps removing its collar) or using the
microchip that the cat has had injected by the vet for ownership
identification.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

Decent ones have brush seals around them and a magnet that stops them
swinging in the breeze. If it is a stronger wind, they may occasionally
open and close, but if it is bad enough weather, temporarily move the
kitchen bin in front of it.

The coded ones have a physical block stopping them swinging inwards
unless the cat is close enough to operate it (within inches).
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 21:11:23 -0000, Steve Walker wrote:

[...]

I can't believe there's someone who has never heard of these.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

Decent ones have brush seals around them and a magnet that stops them
swinging in the breeze. If it is a stronger wind, they may occasionally
open and close, but if it is bad enough weather, temporarily move the
kitchen bin in front of it.

Those seals don't last, they wear out with use and cats pawing at them. And they aren't very good seals to begin with.

And in fact the doors tend to be **** too, if you have two or more cats, chances are at some point there will be an argument over who goes through the door first. At this point the usual perspex or acrylic doors will shatter. You need the polycarbonate kind, which are sometimes available as a third party upgrade.

The coded ones have a physical block stopping them swinging inwards
unless the cat is close enough to operate it (within inches).

That's the problem, the device on the collar has to be close enough. If the cat approaches too quickly or from the wrong angle, the door remains shut, confusing the cat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 20:35:38 -0000, Tekkie© wrote:

[...]

I know a cat like that, very odd, since most like to explore.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

Yes, but you need two gaps to make a through draught.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 14:23:00 -0600, Sam E wrote:

On 2/15/21 9:46 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/15/2021 03:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Ha ha good one! Can it press the button with it's little paw? Maybe an
electric fence for a cat?

I don't know how well it worked but I saw a description of a project
from a nerd with to much time on his hands. The door was solenoid
controlled which is no big thing but he had mounted a camera and was
doing facial recognition to screen out skunks, raccoons, and
potentially other cats.

I've heard of one designed to not open if the cat is carrying a dead
animal.

Google for Flo Control. Possibly via archive.org.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 20:41:19 -0000, Tekkie© wrote:

[...]

Cats think that. If you think that way, you need an easier animal. It's your house, you can control it.

Why is it when you look at a cat you are always eye level to it's asshole?

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 20:26:56 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 03:38:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

Mind you, I don't know what a DI is.

Drill Instructor. They are a lot less ceremonial than your Drill
Sergeants.

Ah, I could only think of detective inspector. Acronyms are useless, if
you pick any 2 or 3 letter combination and look it up on acronym finder,
there will be about 30 results. I once worked where the same three
letters meant two completely different things in a different department.

That reminds me of someone I used to know who worked in LSD (Library
Service Department), and I knew that LSD stood for Least Significant Digit.

I'd be asking everyone where I can get LSD.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/16/21 2:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[snip]

Didn't know that. Our kat is an indoor kat. My wife and have decided if she
goes out she stays out. So far she has shown no inclination to go out.

My house has enough drafts without a cat door, aren't they drafty?

My cat us usually outside more than inside, although that's reversed now
since we're in the middle of the biggest winter storm in years.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of
dead religions." [The Oscariana of Oscar Fingall O'Flaherty Will Wilde
[1856-1900] for George Bernard Shaw]
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

[snip]

Cats have no concept of how disgusting **** is.

I used to have one that used the bathtub (maybe it looked like a huge
litterbox?). To discourage that, I made a bathtup cover from some thin
plastic lattice that's often found around mobile homes. I considered
labeling it "Binford no-**** 6100 bathtub cover".