Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 04/02/2021 19:23, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I removed mine, otherwise how the hell do you cut thicker wood?* I just
keep my fingers a good distance from the blade.* I don't cut tiny things
with a huge saw.

I have removed the blade guard on mine for cutting thicker wood but I
also have a second, cut down, riving knife just a tiny bit shorter than
the blade that I always fit for this type of cut. The riving knife that
came with the saw is taller than the blade - because the blade guard
fits to the top of it.

One form of kickback (there are others demonstrated on many table saw
safety videos)
https://youtu.be/u7sRrC2Jpp4?t=147

Yeowch!* I was wondering who you could get kickback in that direction.

Somewhere on Youtube is a demonstration of another form of kickback on a
table saw where the wood goes through a plasterboard partition wall.