Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Automatic table saw emergency stop

On 2/9/21 11:41 AM, Tim+ wrote

[snip]

Whilst entirely accurate Bill youve ignored a long-standing social media
convention of *always* getting your and youre wrong. This is causing
me considerable distress.

Theirs no excuse for it.

Tim

You should also use "breath" and "breathe" wrong.

--
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." [Albert Einstein]
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/10/2021 11:21 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I really annoyed mine once, I placed an unopened can of cat food, along
with a can opener, in the food bowl. They just sat alternately staring
at it then me. I assume they were saying "I'm a stupid idiot with no
opposable thumbs, you have to do this for me." Or "I'm too ****ing lazy
to go catch the rats that come out of my neighbour's drain." Mind you,
they brought dead things to me, presumably assuming that I made those
into cat food.

There is a high cat population here so not many rats. The cat does catch
the random bird but he doesn't share.

When you say "like his ass was on fire" do you mean he was enjoying
himself or scared ****less? Mine loved snow. The pawprints were
fascinating to them. The slightly frozen pond that didn't take his
weight, not so much.

No, enjoying himself at a high rate of speed. There's nothing around to
scare him he just likes dashing around. Sometimes the sprint brings him
20 feet up a tree. He used to leap off but a few months ago showed up
with a sore paw and has become more conservative. Better in the yard
than in the house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/10/2021 11:24 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Except the one you murdered trying to prevent it from enjoying sex. I
never neutered any of my cats, much to the annoyance of my neighbours
when the population got up to 15. And despite the myth that there are
too many cats, I had people lining up to buy the kittens for 50 each,
telling me they couldn't find any anywhere. If they were overpopulated,
I couldn't have given them away. When I bought my first cat, I tried
three sanctuaries. Two had run out and one had only one left!

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats. A can of Friskies and
you've got a cat if you''re not too fussy. This one is black which has
its drawbacks. When I come home it's two steps to the light switch. Even
if I shuffle I sometimes get a paw or tail.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 6:51 PM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

Years ago, I had 2 housemates, one of which had a cat. One night, the
other was going to bed, and found a dead mouse under his pillow. Isn't
that sweet!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 10:58 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

So the next night did the other find a dead cat under his pillow?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 10/02/2021 20:17, hah wrote:
On 2/9/21 11:41 AM, Tim+ wrote

[snip]

Whilst entirely accurate Bill youve ignored a long-standing social media
convention of *always* getting your and youre wrong. This is causing
me considerable distress.

Theirs no excuse for it.

Tim

You should also use "breath" and "breathe" wrong.

lose and loose

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Feb 2021 at 05:46:42, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/02/2021 20:17, hah wrote:
On 2/9/21 11:41 AM, Tim+ wrote

[snip]

Whilst entirely accurate Bill youve ignored a long-standing social media
convention of *always* getting your and youre wrong. This is causing
me considerable distress.

Theirs no excuse for it.

Tim

You should also use "breath" and "breathe" wrong.

lose and loose

And recently, were and where.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:56:12 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats.

I'm amazed to see that you sick senile swine simply can't get enough of the
unwashed Scottish ******'s cock, lowbrowwoman. ****ing stupid perverted
Yankietard!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:51:00 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

There is a high cat population here so not many rats.

Not necessary, lowbrowwoman! You are a rat yourself, you abnormal senile
addicted sucker of troll cock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/02/2021 03:58, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......

Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....

It was Mouse En Trap

(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated trap)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Feb 2021 at 08:52:26, S wrote:
On 11/02/2021 03:58, Bob F wrote:
[...]

I guess the car was a Mini?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/11/21 2:52 AM, S wrote:

[snip]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......

Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....

It was Mouse En Trap

(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated trap)

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Have you noticed there are no interesting people in heaven? --Just a
hint to the girls as to where they can find their salvation." [Nietzche,
"The Will to Power"]
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:52:26 -0000, S wrote:

On 11/02/2021 03:58, Bob F wrote:
[...]

I trapped a mouse in a spring trap in my garage, it must have stayed alive for a bit, because it dragged itself and the trap to the hole it had been getting in. Nice of it to inform me what to block up.

Killing them in the garden isn't so easy, I don't want to kill wild birds. I'd have to put it somewhere they could crawl into but a bird wouldn't go. Or use one of those drowning bucket traps with the diving boards.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/02/2021 03:58, Bob F wrote:
[...]

You mean the old Mini. The new one is larger than almost every other car. Why didn't they call it a Maxi? Oh, that was already taken, and was also smaller then the new Mini!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 02:56:12 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/10/2021 11:24 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Except the one you murdered trying to prevent it from enjoying sex. I
never neutered any of my cats, much to the annoyance of my neighbours
when the population got up to 15. And despite the myth that there are
too many cats, I had people lining up to buy the kittens for 50 each,
telling me they couldn't find any anywhere. If they were overpopulated,
I couldn't have given them away. When I bought my first cat, I tried
three sanctuaries. Two had run out and one had only one left!

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats. A can of Friskies and
you've got a cat if you're not too fussy. This one is black which has
its drawbacks. When I come home it's two steps to the light switch. Even
if I shuffle I sometimes get a paw or tail.

Have you not heard of motion detectors? I don't have a single light switch in my property.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 8:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Neither was that kind of person.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2021 19:19, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 09 Feb 2021 16:37:24 -0000, williamwright
wrote:

On 05/02/2021 19:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

*Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have
been invented.* It's also presumably very flammable, being basically two
layers of paper with dust glued inbetween.* Might aswell live in a
mud hut.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Fact: paper is flammable.
Fact: plasterboard/drywall is cheap ****e that crumbles when you try to
attach things to it or remove it.

Try attaching anything to my 100 year old plaster without having to fill
the crumbling contents first At least plasterboard walls are
reasonably flat - in the good old days squareness and flatness wasn't
even considered - a lot of my internal walls bulge out by 2.5cm top and
bottom with a different thickness of plaster!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 22:07:40 +0000, anal_m, the notorious troll-feeding
senile retard, blathered again:

Try attaching anything to my

Doing again what you always do best, senile anal_m? Sucking the unwashed
troll's cock, you disgusting sucker of troll cock?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/02/2021 17:31, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 2/11/21 2:52 AM, S wrote:

[snip]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......

Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....

It was Mouse En Trap

(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated
trap)

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

I had one that brought in half a buttered barmcake!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd writes:

On 2/11/21 2:52 AM, S wrote:

[snip]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......
Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....
It was Mouse En Trap
(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated
trap)

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

Squirrel.
Pheasant.

Both full size, the cat wasn't that big either, couldn't really see the
cat under the pheasants wings.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/11/2021 3:11 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Mark Lloyd writes:

On 2/11/21 2:52 AM, S wrote:

[snip]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......
Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....
It was Mouse En Trap
(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated
trap)

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

Squirrel.
Pheasant.

Both full size, the cat wasn't that big either, couldn't really see the
cat under the pheasants wings.

the really nice thing is when they bring rats home to play with - alive.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

ALAN....Find yourself a 1950's....cast-iron-top....Sears/Craftsman, 10 inch table saw.....even if its from a junk yard. You may have to discard the bent-up sheet metal 'box support structure' and make your own out of plywood. I pulled one of mine (I have three, my father's (bought new....early 1950's)....one I bought on Craig's List, same vintage... and a $30 flea-market find....banged up sheet metal base....no problem....needs a plywood box.... and recently another one ....just the iron top and guts....pulled from the curb on trash day...needs support/etc. All of these are 1950's-70's vintage, mechanically identical....just gussied up trim. More recently I pulled a banged up one from the curb....out for trash....same model. I replaced the bent sheet metal support structure (literally dropped at the curb) with a plywood box, cleaned and greased the bearings (easy to replace even if they're shot or rusty) runs like a charm. The guts of these vintage ones are tough. I don't know if newer or current Sears ones are as beefy as those from the late 40's-60's. Consider checking out a cabinet shop's equipment.....in addition to their commercial machines, a lot of them have a classic Sears Craftsman or two set up for light cuts, small runs or specific blade types.....as time savers. Good luck. PMH

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...p-3092324-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 11/02/2021 23:11, Dan Espen wrote:
Mark Lloyd writes:

On 2/11/21 2:52 AM, S wrote:

[snip]

Once my car went out via the cat flap......
Came back later with some takeaway fast food.....
It was Mouse En Trap
(She had brought back a dead mouse that was actually in an activated
trap)

I had one cat that brought in a small rabbit one night.

Squirrel.
Pheasant.

I had a cat that took on a full size weasel. Honourable draw.
Got a young weasel though.

Slaughtered a rabbit in the bathroom. Blood everywhere

Both full size, the cat wasn't that big either, couldn't really see the
cat under the pheasants wings.

Never known one kill a pheasant. Or a squirrel

Josef Stalin

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 05/02/2021 19:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Plasterboard is cheap crap that should never have
been invented. It's also presumably very flammable, being basically two
layers of paper with dust glued inbetween. Might aswell live in a
mud hut.

You're a ****ing idiot.

Fact: paper is flammable.
Fact: plasterboard/drywall is cheap ****e that crumbles when you try to
attach things to it or remove it.

Try attaching anything to my 100 year old plaster without having to fill
the crumbling contents first At least plasterboard walls are
reasonably flat - in the good old days squareness and flatness wasn't
even considered - a lot of my internal walls bulge out by 2.5cm top and
bottom with a different thickness of plaster!

Everything should be wood. Far easier to work with.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:56:12 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/10/2021 11:24 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Except the one you murdered trying to prevent it from enjoying sex. I
never neutered any of my cats, much to the annoyance of my neighbours
when the population got up to 15. And despite the myth that there are
too many cats, I had people lining up to buy the kittens for 50 each,
telling me they couldn't find any anywhere. If they were overpopulated,
I couldn't have given them away. When I bought my first cat, I tried
three sanctuaries. Two had run out and one had only one left!

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats. A can of Friskies and
you've got a cat if you''re not too fussy. This one is black which has
its drawbacks. When I come home it's two steps to the light switch. Even
if I shuffle I sometimes get a paw or tail.

My black cat is quick to learn the lesson. I haven't run over her tail with my
walker *yet* but she does move out of the way.

--
Tekkie

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:52:26 +0000, S posted for all of us to digest...

On 11/02/2021 03:58, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Expiration date?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2021 8:56 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/10/2021 11:24 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Except the one you murdered trying to prevent it from enjoying sex.* I
never neutered any of my cats, much to the annoyance of my neighbours
when the population got up to 15.* And despite the myth that there are
too many cats, I had people lining up to buy the kittens for 50 each,
telling me they couldn't find any anywhere.* If they were overpopulated,
I couldn't have given them away.* When I bought my first cat, I tried
three sanctuaries.* Two had run out and one had only one left!

I was amazed to find people pay money for cats. A can of Friskies and
you've got a cat if you''re not too fussy. This one is black which has
its drawbacks. When I come home it's two steps to the light switch. Even
if I shuffle I sometimes get a paw or tail.

The cat that owns us is a very pretty little gray . She just showed
up on our doorstep - 12 miles from the nearest town - and stayed until I
finally fed her . Oops , but it's OK , the dog likes her . She lives
outdoors by unilateral agreement , so I never have to worry about
stepping om her in the dark .
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/12/2021 06:25 PM, Snag wrote:
The cat that owns us is a very pretty little gray . She just showed up
on our doorstep - 12 miles from the nearest town - and stayed until I
finally fed her . Oops , but it's OK , the dog likes her . She lives
outdoors by unilateral agreement , so I never have to worry about
stepping om her in the dark .

This one prefers outdoors but also likes warm. It's currently 6 degrees
and falling. The problem is the furnace is running, which the cat hates.
Can't blame him since it's noisier than hell. So, there's a cat standing
on the deck shifting from paw to paw trying to decide which he hates
more. He's got a house with a heated pad that's better than nothing so
he opted for that. We'll renegotiate when the furnace turns off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2021 7:54 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/12/2021 06:25 PM, Snag wrote:
* The cat that owns us is a very pretty little gray . She just showed up
on our doorstep - 12 miles from the nearest town - and stayed until I
finally fed her . Oops , but it's OK , the dog likes her . She lives
outdoors by unilateral agreement , so I never have to worry about
stepping om her in the dark .

This one prefers outdoors but also likes warm. It's currently 6 degrees
and falling. The problem is the furnace is running, which the cat hates.
Can't blame him since it's noisier than hell. So, there's a cat standing
on the deck shifting from paw to paw trying to decide which he hates
more. He's got a house with a heated pad that's better than nothing so
he opted for that. We'll renegotiate when the furnace turns off.

Ms. Kitty has access to under the house , seldom goes below the mid
40's under there . Good thing too , since that's where all the pipes are !
Just stuck a remote probe under there , it's right at 50 , outside
temp is 21.
--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.
We shot them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/12/2021 07:09 PM, Snag wrote:
Ms. Kitty has access to under the house , seldom goes below the mid
40's under there . Good thing too , since that's where all the pipes are !
Just stuck a remote probe under there , it's right at 50 , outside
temp is 21.
--

I might prop open the hatch and show the cat where it is. The problem is
there's at least one each skunk and raccoon, and I don't know how many

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:54:29 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

This one prefers outdoors but also likes warm. It's currently 6 degrees

Oh, ****! F'up to alt.senile.gossipping.dodderers
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 01:25:07 -0000, Snag wrote:

[...]

Wait until you fall over it in the dark going out to your car, then break your nose on the driveway. You won't feed it again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 21:38:28 -0000, Tekkie wrote:

[...]

I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture. A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 11:44 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Wait until you fall over it in the dark going out to your car, then
break your nose on the driveway. You won't feed it again.

After a couple of those encounters, when the cat meets me at the car he
takes another route to the front door and meets me there. I have thought
about getting some luminescent paint and dipping an inch or two of his
tail in it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 02/13/2021 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think
they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture.
A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

I had one cat who showed up with the last couple of inches of her tail
hanging on be the skin. It didn't seem to bother her but while she was
busy eating with her tail lying on the floor I did a tailectomy with a
paring knife.

What really bother the cat was the tail didn't look right and she spent
a lot of time chewing and grooming it to try to get it to come to a
point like a proper tail.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:07:46 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/13/2021 11:49 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I always found they weren't aware of their tails. They'd even think
they were hiding when the tail was stuck out from behind the furniture.
A parrot grabbing a tail was hilarious.

I had one cat who showed up with the last couple of inches of her tail
hanging on be the skin. It didn't seem to bother her but while she was
busy eating with her tail lying on the floor I did a tailectomy with a
paring knife.

What really bother the cat was the tail didn't look right and she spent
a lot of time chewing and grooming it to try to get it to come to a
point like a proper tail.

Did you name it Miss Manners?

--
Tekkie
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:07:46 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I had one cat

But now you have the unwashed Scottish ******'s cock in your big senile gob,
you notorious sucker of troll cock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 15:02:42 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

After a couple of those encounters

....you no longer take the Scottish ******'s cock out of your senile gob,
senile sucker of troll cock! You really have become totally addicted to the
unwashed ******! BG