Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-mist mirrors for bathroom - suppliers?

My M-I-L has asked for a large (as in can see most of oneself) mirror
for the wet room and I'm not having much luck in finding anything
suitable.

You can get 'full length' mirrors (though a lot of them are only 1.2
metres) and you can get tiny (for shaving and such) non-mist mirrors
but I can't find any large non-mist mirrors.

I found some anti-mist film to apply to a mirror on eBay, it looks
possible but would be difficult to apply effectively to a large
mirror.

The mirror is wanted for its utility rather than it's beauty so two 1m
x 50cm mirrors would be fine if I could find smaller (but not tiny)
non-mist mirrors.

Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on
when the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2021 10:42, Chris Green wrote:
My M-I-L has asked for a large (as in can see most of oneself) mirror
for the wet room

Naughty!

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:

My M-I-L has asked for a large (as in can see most of oneself) mirror
for the wet room

Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

You can buy demister pads to glue to the back of mirrors, if you could
get a switched mains feed to them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Beware plastic ones though since they can tend to follow the wall and make
you look short and fat or tall and skinny. That is one thing I no longer
need to worry about of course, got rid of all mirrors.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on when
the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on when
the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.

But will likely give a striped result with a mirror.

You can get heating pads, intended for pet beds.

And heated throws intended for humans.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fred" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on
when the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.

But will likely give a striped result with a mirror.

You can get heating pads, intended for pet beds.

And heated throws intended for humans.

Presumably none legal in a wet room tho.
You really need a hot air stream from the
ceiling onto the mirror.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 11:31:59 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

My M-I-L has asked for a large (as in can see most of oneself) mirror
for the wet room

Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

You can buy demister pads to glue to the back of mirrors, if you could
get a switched mains feed to them?

I happen to have a couple of spares if that solution works for you.

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Jan 2021 at 18:49:24 GMT, ""Fred"" wrote:

"Fred" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on
when the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.

But will likely give a striped result with a mirror.

You can get heating pads, intended for pet beds.

And heated throws intended for humans.

Presumably none legal in a wet room tho.
You really need a hot air stream from the
ceiling onto the mirror.

Sealed behind the mirror is fine, as long as no external connections appears
in the wet area.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 05:49:24 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll****

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Fred" wrote in message

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in message
Chris Green brought next idea :
Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

DIY solution- Pipe heating tape, placed behind the mirror, powered on
when the bathroom fan or light is in operation.

The tape is designed to be wrapped around and prevent pipes freezing.

But will likely give a striped result with a mirror.

You can get heating pads, intended for pet beds.

And heated throws intended for humans.

Presumably none legal in a wet room tho.
You really need a hot air stream from the
ceiling onto the mirror.

Sealed behind the mirror is fine, as long as no external connections appears
in the wet area.

If it's zone 1 then it needs to be SELV.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Jan 2021 at 10:42:55 GMT, "Chris Green" wrote:

My M-I-L has asked for a large (as in can see most of oneself) mirror
for the wet room and I'm not having much luck in finding anything
suitable.

You can get 'full length' mirrors (though a lot of them are only 1.2
metres) and you can get tiny (for shaving and such) non-mist mirrors
but I can't find any large non-mist mirrors.

I found some anti-mist film to apply to a mirror on eBay, it looks
possible but would be difficult to apply effectively to a large
mirror.

The mirror is wanted for its utility rather than it's beauty so two 1m
x 50cm mirrors would be fine if I could find smaller (but not tiny)
non-mist mirrors.

Can anyone point me at possible suppliers or other solutions?

I find the over-radiator on an internal wall mirror stays clear, even during
steamy showers.

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RJH wrote:
[...]

Has to be a very small radiator for a full length mirror! :-)

My M-I-L isn't very mobile and is likely sitting in the shower so the
mirror does need to reach down pretty low.

--
Chris Green
·