David Longley

Default Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave Door Mist

I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that
the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the
looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door
screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can
see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
suggestions?

..

--
David Longley
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
David Longley writes:
I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that
the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the
looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door
screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can
see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
suggestions?

Some microwaves seem to force air through the door cavity,
and I saw one where it had sooted up after some food in the
microwave had presumably caught fire or smoked. Microwave
was still working fine, but the door was uncleanable.

Also reminds me of an incident a colleague who was once a
field engineer observed. Whilst visiting a fish a chip shop
to repair the cash till or something similar, he saw that the
owner had cut a big hole in the microwave door so he could
quickly insert and remove pies for heating without having to
keep opening the door...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Owain

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote
| ... a fish a chip shop ... the owner had cut a big
| hole in the microwave door so he could quickly insert
| and remove pies for heating without having to keep
| opening the door...

Presumably an English chippy?

All the Scottish ones I've seen just chuck pies in the fryer.

Owain

Owain

Lee Blaver

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
David Longley writes:

I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that
the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the
looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door
screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can
see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
suggestions?

Some microwaves seem to force air through the door cavity,
and I saw one where it had sooted up after some food in the
microwave had presumably caught fire or smoked. Microwave
was still working fine, but the door was uncleanable.

snip

Since I have a leak detector that actually appears to work, I dismantled
the vented door of our combi microwave to clean the inside glass.
No leaks on reassembly, but certainly not something I suggest trying
Although interestingly it was very simple to take apart, just 4 screws
no sealants,clips or anything. Just the glass, choke plate and outer
door with the plastic window.

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Tim Mitchell

In article , Lee Blaver
writes
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
David Longley writes:

[...]

You actually need quite a big gap before the microwaves can get out.
Otherwise you would not be able to have the holey metal plate and the
doors would have gaskets etc round them.
--
Tim Mitchell

Andrew

In article , Owain owain41276@st
irlingcity.co.uk writes
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote
| ... a fish a chip shop ... the owner had cut a big
| hole in the microwave door so he could quickly insert
| and remove pies for heating without having to keep
| opening the door...

Presumably an English chippy?

All the Scottish ones I've seen just chuck pies in the fryer.

Owain

Owain

I seem to remember a chippy on Barry Island that heated up pies using
the expresso steam thingy normally used for heating milk. Microwave
cookers weren't around then

--
Andrew
N. Thornton

David Longley writes:

I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted
that the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior
surface by the looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this,
removing the two door screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to
get access as far as I can see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
suggestions?

Yes, get over it. At least I hope you have bigger things to think about.

Regards, NT