Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Annual Temperature Anomaly -- 1850-2019

Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/
Global Temperature Report for 2019
Berkeley Earth, a Calif-based non-profit research org, has been
preparing independent analyses of global mean temp changes
since 2013. The following is our report on global mean temp
during 2019.

We conclude that 2019 was the second warmest year on Earth
since 1850. The global mean temp in 2019 was colder than
2016, but warmer than every other year that has been directly
measured. Consequently, 2016 remains the warmest year in
the period of historical observations. Year-to-year rankings are
likely to reflect short-term natural variability, but the overall
pattern remains consistent with a long-term trend towards
global warming.

Annual Temperature Anomaly -- 1850-2019
[chart]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2021 19:28, David P wrote:
[...]

Yes, almost the warmest that it has been since the end of the little ice
age. And this is news?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote

Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population
Growth in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?

Because he was a terminal ****wit that didnt have a ****ing clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
his particular prowess at it every day."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2021 20:16, newshound wrote:
[...]

Some people would disagree with you and say CO2 levels were higher in
1900 than they are now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

Only the fools that dont have a ****ing clue.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:22:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2021 20:03, Chris Green wrote:
David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

I worried quite a lot about what "the experts" were saying in the 60's
and early 70's. But, being a scientist, I am a great believer in data,
and that shows unequivocally that they were wrong. I see no reason to be
equally swayed by current predictions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

I worried quite a lot about what "the experts" were saying in the 60's
and early 70's. But, being a scientist, I am a great believer in data,
and that shows unequivocally that they were wrong. I see no reason to be
equally swayed by current predictions.

The cartoon for this is:

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20...ex-gregory.jpg

--
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isnt true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Soren Kierkegaard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off. The internet has allowed
terrorists and other nutcases to spread their poison more widely
and there are far more displaced people than in the 70's because
of war and poverty.

And it is now impossible for an FTB to get a mortgage to buy a
'doer upper' property and move up the property ladder. Most are now
enforced renters.

I worried quite a lot about what "the experts" were saying in the 60's
and early 70's. But, being a scientist, I am a great believer in data,
and that shows unequivocally that they were wrong. I see no reason to be
equally swayed by current predictions.

They were right about the ozone hole, caused by refridgerants and
aerosol propellants, and also about the destruction of Scandi
pine forests by S02 emissions from UK power stations.

They were wrong about 'beating Cancer', a phrase that was
bandied about back then. The Imperial Cancer Research Fund (as it
was called then) paid £1 million for a miracle new 'cure' called
Beta Interferon (also what it was called back then). Not much came of
it. They didn't even know if what they got for their million quid
was actually what they thought they were getting !.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
[...]

Wrong. The SO2 was coming in from Canada over the UK.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/01/2021 13:48, charles wrote:
David P wrote:
[...]

The prevailing winds that the UK generally has, means our
pollution heads out over Denmark and Norway. Canadian
emissions might have added to it, but the UK was a significant
source.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
[...]

No-one with any knowledge of the subject has *ever* talked about "curing
cancer" except as a deliberate lie to encourage ignorant people to contribute
money. It is an intrinsically silly idea. Ditto Parkinson's disease and
dementia. No doubt the marketing people would characterise the lie as an
oversimplification.

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off.

Not true. There are fewer starving people now than in 1970, even though
the population has nearly doubled. Life expectancy is better everywhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
[...]

not according to a freind who worked for tehnCEGB. The UK added no more
than 10% to that coming in from across the Atlantic. There was a gigantic
steel making plant which was the main source. I can recall serious acid
rain problems in Galloway which can hardly been caused by UK sources.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off.

Not true. There are fewer starving people now than in 1970, even though
the population has nearly doubled. Life expectancy is better everywhere.

I must have been imagining the LiveAid concerts in 1984 then. And places
like Darfur obviously don't exist.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Thats arguable with the obesity epidemic.

I worried quite a lot about what "the experts" were saying in the 60's and
early 70's. But, being a scientist, I am a great believer in data, and
that shows unequivocally that they were wrong. I see no reason to be
equally swayed by current predictions.

And they didnt realise that the population boom would fix itself either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 07:01:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off.

Not true. There are fewer starving people now than in 1970, even
though the population has nearly doubled. Life expectancy is better
everywhere.

I must have been imagining the LiveAid concerts in 1984 then. And places
like Darfur obviously don't exist.

Will you believe Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines

It's striking how few of those are caused by weather or other natural
causes, rather than by war or similar human led problems.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
David P wrote:
Why did the Yale researchers call for Zero Population Growth
in 1970, when we were at only 4 billion?
http://berkeleyearth.org/archive/2019-temperatures/

Because even then there were too many of us?!

So how come, Covid apart, we are now pretty much all better off and
healthier than we were then.

Who is 'we' ?. There are now a couple of billion extra people who
are neither healthier or better off.

Not true. There are fewer starving people now than in 1970, even though
the population has nearly doubled.

Yes.

Life expectancy is better everywhere.

Thats arguable in areas ravaged by HIV/AIDS

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:00:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: