Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Siemans Dishwasher (not built in)

The "flood warning E15 has come on. It happened once before and I got into
the base to drain the stupid little pot that collects the spillage. I
couldn't see any shource of a leak, Emptied it and it carried on for about
a year.

I need to do it again - but I can't recall how I removed the trim on the
bottom of the front. I recall that last time I removed the front of the
door first = but reflected that I hadn't needed to. Any advice before I do
it again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP wrote in
:

The "flood warning E15 has come on. It happened once before and I got
into the base to drain the stupid little pot that collects the
spillage. I couldn't see any shource of a leak, Emptied it and it
carried on for about a year.

I need to do it again - but I can't recall how I removed the trim on
the bottom of the front. I recall that last time I removed the front
of the door first = but reflected that I hadn't needed to. Any advice
before I do it again.

Done it ! Not sure how - but wiggling an pulling seemed to work.

Stupid design of a little sump with no means of emptying it. Presumably a
terminal falure situation after a costly service call for most people.

Emptied it - but can't see an obviousl leak point.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnP Wrote in message:r
JohnP wrote 6: The "flood warning E15 has come on. It happened once before and I got into the base to drain the stupid little pot that collects the spillage. I couldn't see any shource of a leak, Emptied it and it carried on for about a year. I need to do it again - but I can't recall how I removed the trim on the bottom of the front. I recall that last time I removed the front of the door first = but reflected that I hadn't needed to. Any advice before I do it again. Done it ! Not sure how - but wiggling an pulling seemed to work.Stupid design of a little sump with no means of emptying it. Presumably a terminal falure situation after a costly service call for most people.Emptied it - but can't see an obviousl leak point.

I had the same problem with Siemens dishwasher. I tightened up the
screws inside, around the top of the drain/filter and that
extended the time between E15 error codes. I think there is a
seal underneath those screws which fails - design
fault.
--
Biggles

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had the same problem with Siemens dishwasher. I tightened up the
screws inside, around the top of the drain/filter and that
extended the time between E15 error codes. I think there is a
seal underneath those screws which fails - design
fault.

Oooh Thanks - will look right now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Biggles wrote in
:

JohnP Wrote in message:r
[...]

4 Torx headed screws - thighteded about a quarter turn. I am hopeful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well maybe an eighth of a tuturn - it felt right.