Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cool item

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNA-Low-N...AOSwnEFf403 A
--
Brexit doesn't mean Brexit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/12/2020 19:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNA-Low-N...AOSwnEFf403 A

Does it make Radio 3 sound any better ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why should it have anything to do with FM as a modulation type? An amplifier
needs many attributes, one of the problems with wide band amplifiers is
overload with strong signals If that occurs then the resulting non linear
effects cause mixing to occur, and then the band is full of spurious
stations made up from bits of those already there. I'm sure we have all
heard the effect where a station appears to have two programmes on at the
same time on frequencies which should be clear, masking any weak stations
and causing mush and burbling sounds.

This is the area where I do worry about the current design of receiving
equipment, as the software defined radio often has a wide band amp at its
head. This is where the device tends to get most of its problems.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 24/12/2020 19:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNA-Low-N...AOSwnEFf403 A

Does it make Radio 3 sound any better ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote on 25/12/2020 :
Why should it have anything to do with FM as a modulation type? An amplifier
needs many attributes, one of the problems with wide band amplifiers is
overload with strong signals If that occurs then the resulting non linear
effects cause mixing to occur, and then the band is full of spurious stations
made up from bits of those already there.

Brian - The description of the item bears no relationship to the actual
item which is for sale. The actual item is some sort of mechanical
equipment - not radio based equipment. It's some sort of strange mixup
by the seller.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2020 11:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote on 25/12/2020 :
Why should it have anything to do with FM as a modulation type? An
amplifier needs many attributes, one of the problems with wide band
amplifiers is overload with strong signals If that occurs then the
resulting non linear effects cause mixing to occur, and then the band
is full of spurious stations made up from bits of those already there.

Brian - The description of the item bears no relationship to the actual
item which is for sale. The actual item is some sort of mechanical
equipment - not radio based equipment. It's some sort of strange mixup
by the seller.

I thought it was some kind of torture/exercise device.

Further down:

Featu

€¢ PGA hand-cranked grinder, used with a full-surface grinding machine,
with a simple pressing roller for convenient grinding.
€¢ Double roller design, no need to adjust the center, hold the workpiece
between the wheels when holding, you can get concentric circles.
€¢ The left and right direction of the rotating roller can be adjusted to
make the workpiece or retreat and then grind.
€¢ The pressure screw on the pressure arm can adjust the pressure and
match the punch of different sizes to make it more stable.
€¢ The products are well-made and ensure the high of the products.

Max Demian