Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cool item

Why should it have anything to do with FM as a modulation type? An amplifier
needs many attributes, one of the problems with wide band amplifiers is
overload with strong signals If that occurs then the resulting non linear
effects cause mixing to occur, and then the band is full of spurious
stations made up from bits of those already there. I'm sure we have all
heard the effect where a station appears to have two programmes on at the
same time on frequencies which should be clear, masking any weak stations
and causing mush and burbling sounds.

This is the area where I do worry about the current design of receiving
equipment, as the software defined radio often has a wide band amp at its
head. This is where the device tends to get most of its problems.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 24/12/2020 19:54, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNA-Low-N...AOSwnEFf403 A

Does it make Radio 3 sound any better ?