Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default D-I-Y action needed from the computer literati amongst you ...

.... a very minor, almost trivial, edit is necessary to the title of
the Christmas song made famous by Bing Crosby in the 1942
film, "Holiday Inn".

Simply change all occurrences of the letter, "w" to the letter "s" in the
song's title.

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 15:10:47 +0000, gareth evans
wrote:

... a very minor, almost trivial, edit is necessary to the title of
the Christmas song made famous by Bing Crosby in the 1942
film, "Holiday Inn".

Simply change all occurrences of the letter, "w" to the letter "s" in the
song's title.

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

Perhaps the Sex Pistols could reform to do the new version for it. :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything to
do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything to
do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

*You* may have a problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 21 December 2020 at 15:10:55 UTC, gareth evans wrote:
... a very minor, almost trivial, edit is necessary to the title of
the Christmas song made famous by Bing Crosby in the 1942
film, "Holiday Inn".

Simply change all occurrences of the letter, "w" to the letter "s" in the
song's title.

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

Johnson has not cancelled Christmas - which is just a point on the calendar endorsed by various churchy bodies and people.

Blame him for screwing up all the arrangements people have (mis-guidedly, in my view) made. By all means. Or anything else.

Switch RC/CofE/CinW/CofS/whatever to RO and you can hold it on 7th January.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything to
do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

No more than the same thing happening to every country in Europe.

You cant spin this as Brexit, it's beneath you.
Or maybe not...

--
WOKE is an acronym... Without Originality, Knowledge or Education.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything
to do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

No more than the same thing happening to every country in Europe.

You cant spin this as Brexit, it's beneath you.
Or maybe not...

No, I was actually, for once, supporting Boris! We seem to have an even
more infectious version of the Covid virus rampaging through the
country, and taking pretty drastic steps is what is needed. For once,
Boris has more or less grasped the nettle. So, well done for that.

It seems to me we have a choice:
1. Cancel Christmas and continue to restrict movement a lot until the
most vulnerable are vaccinated.
2. Overwhelm the health service, and have people dying at home because
there aren't hospital places for them.

Neither are exactly enticing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything to do with us is
some sort of indication that we have a problem?

No more than the same thing happening to every country in Europe.

You cant spin this as Brexit,

Too true.

The Brexit ****storm doesn'r properly kick off, for another ten days. yet.

With the food riots a good few weeks after that.

There's nothing worse than people letting off their News Years Day fireworks
ten minutes early at at 11.50 p.m. is there ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/12/2020 20:23, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything
to do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

No more than the same thing happening to every country in Europe.

You cant spin this as Brexit, it's beneath you.
Or maybe not...

No, I was actually, for once, supporting Boris! We seem to have an even
more infectious version of the Covid virus rampaging through the
country, and taking pretty drastic steps is what is needed. For once,
Boris has more or less grasped the nettle. So, well done for that.

But it is also rampaging through Africa and Europe.

So there is nothing special about us, except we are perhaps being honest
about it

It seems to me we have a choice:
1. Cancel Christmas and continue to restrict movement a lot until the
most vulnerable are vaccinated.
2. Overwhelm the health service, and have people dying at home because
there aren't hospital places for them.

Neither are exactly enticing.

Well yes, I think politically they will balance it between those two
dilemmic horns.

--
€œwhen things get difficult you just have to lie€

€• Jean Claud Jüncker
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you heard the version with Bings voice, the Royal Phil orchestra and
Pentatonics?
Makes it completely different in feel. Love it or hate it, its very clever,
but changing what Bing sins should be a trivial matter when compared to
removing all the music from a 78rpm record and just leaving the voice.
Anyway, I don't think you can lay this one at the gates of number 10. He
may have many attributes and many failings, but deliberately making a new
virus, I think is stretching things. No we have done this to ourselves by
shopping madly and by students being demob happy and children gathering
together too much
So Merry Christmas one and all and remember Orthodox Christmas ins on 7th
January.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please