Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default D-I-Y action needed from the computer literati amongst you ...

On 21/12/2020 20:23, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 18:01, GB wrote:
On 21/12/2020 15:10, gareth evans wrote:

This need has arisen because of the cancellation of Christmas
in 2020 by Boris Johnson.

You don't think that the rest of the world refusing to have anything
to do with us is some sort of indication that we have a problem?

No more than the same thing happening to every country in Europe.

You cant spin this as Brexit, it's beneath you.
Or maybe not...

No, I was actually, for once, supporting Boris! We seem to have an even
more infectious version of the Covid virus rampaging through the
country, and taking pretty drastic steps is what is needed. For once,
Boris has more or less grasped the nettle. So, well done for that.

But it is also rampaging through Africa and Europe.

So there is nothing special about us, except we are perhaps being honest
about it

It seems to me we have a choice:
1. Cancel Christmas and continue to restrict movement a lot until the
most vulnerable are vaccinated.
2. Overwhelm the health service, and have people dying at home because
there aren't hospital places for them.

Neither are exactly enticing.

Well yes, I think politically they will balance it between those two
dilemmic horns.

--
€œwhen things get difficult you just have to lie€

€• Jean Claud Jüncker