Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Waylaid in the street by a nutcase

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
The latter would be a better campaign, where equality is the goal and
the difference in terms of statistics and perceived prejudices highlighted.

The trouble is that in some of the cases where black suspects were shot
there was some possible justification in terms of self-defence, and that
statistics ought to include behaviour prior to arrest. It would be great
if the same people who support Black Lives Matter would support the
banning of hand guns.

You actually think those in the Black Lives Matter campaign have the same
love of hand guns as their opponents?

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
The stats show that black people are roughly 2.5 times more likely to be
killed by the police than white people.

Such stats have been criticised for not taking account of that the risk
of being killed depends on contact with police; that the probability of
contact with police is increased by criminality; and that criminality is
not uniform across racial groups (for reasons which may of course
include others forms of discrimination - e.g. in education or
employment, but not by police).

Are you saying it's perfectly OK to kill a suspected criminal?

Would that include TV licence evaders?

--
*Eschew obfuscation *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
The stats show that black people are roughly 2.5 times more likely to be
killed by the police than white people.

Such stats have been criticised for not taking account of that the risk
of being killed depends on contact with police; that the probability of
contact with police is increased by criminality; and that criminality is
not uniform across racial groups (for reasons which may of course
include others forms of discrimination - e.g. in education or
employment, but not by police).

Are you saying it's perfectly OK to kill a suspected criminal?

Would that include TV licence evaders?

Please explain how you could arrive at that /logically/ as even a
/possible/ implication of what I posted.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 13:39:18 +0000, Fredxx
wrote:

I think all lives matter equally, does that make me a racist?

Sadly, yes. According to the BBC anyway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 17:47:46 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

Innocent until proved guilty

That statement by its very nature implies guilt and the finding of
that guilt to be just a matter of time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/12/2020 15:47, Tim Streater wrote:
On 18 Dec 2020 at 15:30:05 GMT, Robin wrote:

In article ,
Robin wrote:
The stats show that black people are roughly 2.5 times more likely to be
killed by the police than white people.

Such stats have been criticised for not taking account of that the risk
of being killed depends on contact with police; that the probability of
contact with police is increased by criminality; and that criminality is
not uniform across racial groups (for reasons which may of course
include others forms of discrimination - e.g. in education or
employment, but not by police).

Are you saying it's perfectly OK to kill a suspected criminal?

Would that include TV licence evaders?

Please explain how you could arrive at that /logically/ as even a
/possible/ implication of what I posted.

Its because it's Our Dave; it's what he does. If it's not white then it must
be black, and vice versa. No shades of gray exist.

Boolean, or 'one dimensional' thinking.

TV license dodgers are criminals
Criminals get shot by police
Therefore TV license dodgers get shot by police.

--
WOKE is an acronym... Without Originality, Knowledge or Education.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I think all lives matter equally, does that make me a racist?

Sadly, yes. According to the BBC anyway.

Bacterial lives matter!
Ban antibiotics

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason

Peter Thompson
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Innocent until proved guilty

That statement by its very nature implies guilt and the finding of
that guilt to be just a matter of time.

The assumptive close, or leading question, is a favourite trick of the Left.

"Why are all left wing people bigots?"

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason
they are poor.

Peter Thompson
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
The stats show that black people are roughly 2.5 times more likely to be
killed by the police than white people.

Such stats have been criticised for not taking account of that the risk
of being killed depends on contact with police; that the probability of
contact with police is increased by criminality; and that criminality is
not uniform across racial groups (for reasons which may of course
include others forms of discrimination - e.g. in education or
employment, but not by police).

Are you saying it's perfectly OK to kill a suspected criminal?

Would that include TV licence evaders?

Only if they are over 75.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Robin wrote:
The stats show that black people are roughly 2.5 times more likely to be
killed by the police than white people.

Such stats have been criticised for not taking account of that the risk
of being killed depends on contact with police; that the probability of
contact with police is increased by criminality; and that criminality is
not uniform across racial groups (for reasons which may of course
include others forms of discrimination - e.g. in education or
employment, but not by police).

Are you saying it's perfectly OK to kill a suspected criminal?

Would that include TV licence evaders?

Please explain how you could arrive at that /logically/ as even a
/possible/ implication of what I posted.

Its because it's Our Dave; it's what he does. If it's not white then it must
be black, and vice versa. No shades of gray exist.

Or brown. Someone with an african descendent 3 or 4 generations in
the past still thinks that they are 'black'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I think all lives matter equally, does that make me a racist?

Sadly, yes. According to the BBC anyway.

Bacterial lives matter!
Ban antibiotics

Most of them have been (banned).

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew

wrote:

I think all lives matter equally, does that make me a racist?

Sadly, yes. According to the BBC anyway.

Bacterial lives matter!
Ban antibiotics

Most of them have been (banned).

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.

Well, when the sick can buy antibiotics over the counter without a
prescription and zero supervision even in countries like India, then
inevitably the place becomes a breeding ground for such bio-nasties.
Throw in a dose of Globalisation on top and export the problem most
effectively.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.

Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/a...-human-health/

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.

Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

Agreed, so what are you doing about it. I haven't seen any topic started
by you here on the subject.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Fredxx
writes
On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:
snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.

Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

Agreed, so what are you doing about it. I haven't seen any topic
started by you here on the subject.

Antibiotics should not be found in any meat produced in this country. Or
milk for that matter.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2020 10:11, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Fredxx
writes
On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:
Â*snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.
Â*Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

Agreed, so what are you doing about it. I haven't seen any topic
started by you here on the subject.

Antibiotics should not be found in any meat produced in this country. Or
milk for that matter.

I thought they were used extensively in Pig farming and saw a statistics
that the majority of antibiotics was used in farming?

I am aware of their large-scale use in the USA.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:
Â*snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.
Â*Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

Agreed, so what are you doing about it. I haven't seen any topic
started by you here on the subject.

Antibiotics should not be found in any meat produced in this country. Or
milk for that matter.

https://www.saveourantibiotics.org/t...stock-farming/

I'm sure a biased article but I doubt the numbers are far wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Fredxx
writes
On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
wrote:
*snip

We are running out of antibiotics that the pesky bacteria have not
become resistant to.
*Partly because of how many antibotics we consume in meat and we have
known about that for some time now:

Agreed, so what are you doing about it. I haven't seen any topic
started by you here on the subject.

Antibiotics should not be found in any meat produced in this
country. Or milk for that matter.

I thought they were used extensively in Pig farming and saw a
statistics that the majority of antibiotics was used in farming?

I think the EU stopped this 20 years back.

Antibiotics used to treat livestock disease are generally not in current
use for humans and the meat is not allowed into the food chain for a
fixed period.

Mastitis in dairy cows is an issue where normal milking is by pipeline
to a bulk tank. Bulk tank samples were being taken as a check 50 years
ago so I doubt this has changed.

I am aware of their large-scale use in the USA.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Fredxx
writes
On 19/12/2020 22:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:48:18 +0000, Andrew
*snip

https://www.saveourantibiotics.org/t...eruse-in-lives
tock-farming/

I'm sure a biased article but I doubt the numbers are far wrong.

Umm.. I am 15 years out of date regarding livestock rearing. My
recollection is that veterinary prescribed antibiotics for calf
pneumonia were no longer used for treating humans.

Probiotic use has been attacked by the EU for a long time and I am
surprised that it is still permitted in any form.

The rest of the world is a different matter.

--
Tim Lamb