Puff Griffis

Default Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay Area Dave.

Dave,
I sympathize with your plight but I am sure that by bringing =
everyone's attention to this fool day after day is exactly what he =
wants.
Puff
Always ignore the trolls

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message =
m...
=20
You can ALWAYS verify it's me, if you switch headers to "full" and =

look at:
=20
THE FOLLOWING FOUR LINES ARE FROM MY HEADER:
=20
The impostor can't possibly match those details.
=20
I don't post tinyurls.
=20
I don't do "gloat" posts.
=20
I don't have a boat. Lord knows what else that moron is gonna do, but =

it'll be something outrageous, I'm sure, as he thrives on attention.=20
Try to avoid responding to him.
=20
He might try to throw everyone off my posting AFTER me, claiming that=20
I'm the fake, but you can ALWAYS sort us out by looking at the =

headers.=20
That's where his game will break down.
=20
Please think twice before assuming that I've gone off the deep end and =

post anything vile, which I've never done. I don't even like cursing =

on=20
line. Not that I'm a saint, but I don't think it is appropriate in a=20
public forum and in a medium that records all postings forever. and =

yes=20
I know about how to defeat the archiving of messages, but there is no=20
need for me to do that. Thanks for your understanding.
=20
=20
Since he is into using remailers, there's no telling how his header =

will=20
appear in the future, but it can't match mine.
=20
So far the PERVERT'S header has contained:
=20
=20
=20
dave
The ONE, the ONLY, original, Bay Area Dave. and remember, you might =

not=20
love me, but I'm not X-rated. The wacko is by nature going to be=20
outrageous and disgusting.
=20
=20

Unisaw A100

Puff Griffis wrote:
Dave,
I sympathize with your plight but I am sure that
by bringing everyone's attention to this fool day
after day is exactly what he wants.

I dunno Puff, I think both of them are getting what they
want/need/can't live without.

UA100
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Bay Area Dave wrote:
You can ALWAYS verify it's me, if you switch headers to "full" and look at:

Back in my Fidonet days, we'd call what happened to you "bricing"... named after
a poor fellow who was spoofed long ago. You were briced, but not particularly
well. A really good job would copy your style of writing accurately, and would
get most of the header right as well. Your admirer did neither.

You don't have to worry; I knew it was (pardon the phrase) crap the moment I saw
it. I don't know what you might have done to earn this fellow's emnity, but it
won't last forever. He's going to get bored and move on.

Anybody who's been in the wreck for any time at all knows it's not you. Relax
(if you can).

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Bay Area Dave

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

snip another smart-assed comment

Unisaw A100

Default Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave Bay Area Dave

I figure this ought to tie you over for the evening Dave.

[...]

You know, if you squinch your eyes up a little the pattern
of Dave's moniker almost looks like the diaper shot.

Sleep well.

UA100
Bay Area Dave

I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

You can ALWAYS verify it's me, if you switch headers to "full" and look at:

THE FOLLOWING FOUR LINES ARE FROM MY HEADER:

The impostor can't possibly match those details.

Posting through the mail-to-news gateway he currently uses, it's nearly
impossible. Via other methods, is a different matter -- check the full
headers of *this* message. grin

the imposter is *really* easy to spot. look at the "Path: " header.

If it contains "sewer-output" (No, I'm -not- kidding!) towards the right
side of the path, then it was posted through the anonymous mail-to-news
gateway at dizum.com in Holland. If you can filter on the Path: header,
this is a 100% reliable method of dropping anything from that anonymous
gateway. *STRONGLY* recommended.

nFilter syntax:

rec.woodworking Drop path:.*sewer-out

This may be ineffective for some nFilter users, depending on the
configuration of the actual ISP newsserver. (The official documentation
and at least some reports 'from the field' are in disagreement as to
whether that filter always does something. There are reports that if
a header is not in the ISP 'overview' file, then filters referencing that
header are silently ignored.)

Bay Area Dave

Default Bay Area - Unisaw being a moron again.

you are truly low-rent.

Unisaw A100

Absolutely Dave. All this attention I'm lavishing on you
and I ain't charging you a single shiny Roosevelt dime
for it.

Am I not I the best?

Sleep good Dave.

Your pal,

UA100

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:
I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

Yes, you CAN. It will work with virtually any newsreader except the one
that is built-in in the AOL all-in-one client.

Anything that will connect to a 'standard news-server' -- i.e., something
that speaks the "NNRP" (commonly called "NNTP", although that is totally
different, albeit related) protocol, on port 119 -- can use nFilter. You
simply tell nFilter where the 'real' news server lives, and then tell your
newsreader software to use "localhost" (or IP address 127.0.0.1), port 119 as
the news-server address.

nFilter "looks like" a real news-server to any client software, and "doesn't
care" _what_ software you're using, as long as it speaks the standard protocol.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

[...]

Bay Area Dave

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

Yes, you CAN. It will work with virtually any newsreader except the one
that is built-in in the AOL all-in-one client.

Anything that will connect to a 'standard news-server' -- i.e., something
that speaks the "NNRP" (commonly called "NNTP", although that is totally
different, albeit related) protocol, on port 119 -- can use nFilter. You
simply tell nFilter where the 'real' news server lives, and then tell your
newsreader software to use "localhost" (or IP address 127.0.0.1), port 119 as
the news-server address.

nFilter "looks like" a real news-server to any client software, and "doesn't
care" _what_ software you're using, as long as it speaks the standard protocol.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

[...]

Swingman

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

I have a copy on one of my servers:

http://e-woodshop.net/files/np-120.exe

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/05/04

Doug Miller

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

Hey, Dave, I'll save ya some time: http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Check my sig, too.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Bay Area Dave

thanks doug, I just downloaded whatever link Swingman sent me.
np-120.exe - 677K bytes. (I read his post first and immediately went to
the link). appreciate both your guys help. I gotta go do a paying job
first...

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

Hey, Dave, I'll save ya some time: http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

Check my sig, too.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Mark and Kim Smith

Default Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay Area

Dave, What version of Netscape are you running?? V7.1 has made
filtering extremely easy.

Swingman wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

I have a copy on one of my servers:

http://e-woodshop.net/files/np-120.exe

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:
thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

Oddly enough, everything you need for it is available at:
http://www.r-bonomi.com/rec.woodworking

The program, the FAQ sheet, and a bunch of ready to run filter sets.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

Yes, you CAN. It will work with virtually any newsreader except the one
that is built-in in the AOL all-in-one client.

Anything that will connect to a 'standard news-server' -- i.e., something
that speaks the "NNRP" (commonly called "NNTP", although that is totally
different, albeit related) protocol, on port 119 -- can use nFilter. You
simply tell nFilter where the 'real' news server lives, and then tell your
newsreader software to use "localhost" (or IP address 127.0.0.1), port 119 as
the news-server address.

nFilter "looks like" a real news-server to any client software, and "doesn't
care" _what_ software you're using, as long as it speaks the standard

protocol.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

[...]

Bay Area Dave

7.1. but I can't only filter subjects and authors. doesn't look like to
me I can filter a site. I've got zillions of filter criteria to keep
out nearly every perverted post coming our way. but I don't see how to
filter all posts from a site. If you know how, let me know, ok?

dave

Swingman wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

I have a copy on one of my servers:

http://e-woodshop.net/files/np-120.exe

Bay Area Dave

tried it twice. get the message that the url can't be found.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

Oddly enough, everything you need for it is available at:
http://www.r-bonomi.com/rec.woodworking

The program, the FAQ sheet, and a bunch of ready to run filter sets.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

Yes, you CAN. It will work with virtually any newsreader except the one
that is built-in in the AOL all-in-one client.

Anything that will connect to a 'standard news-server' -- i.e., something
that speaks the "NNRP" (commonly called "NNTP", although that is totally
different, albeit related) protocol, on port 119 -- can use nFilter. You
simply tell nFilter where the 'real' news server lives, and then tell your
newsreader software to use "localhost" (or IP address 127.0.0.1), port 119 as
the news-server address.

nFilter "looks like" a real news-server to any client software, and "doesn't
care" _what_ software you're using, as long as it speaks the standard

protocol.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,

[...]

Tom Watson

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:49:05 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

yeah, you are my number one bud!

Now go to sleep!

dave

You woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun,
Mama always said you'd be
The Chosen One.

She said: You're one in a million
You've got to burn to shine,
But you were born under a bad sign,
With a blue moon in your eyes.

You woke up this morning
All the love has gone,
Your Papa never told you
About right and wrong.

But you're looking good, baby,
I believe you're feeling fine (shame about it).
Born under a bad sign
With a blue moon in your eyes.

You woke up this morning
The world turned upside down,
Thing's ain't been the same
Since the Blues walked into town.

But you're one in a million
You've got that shotgun shine.
Born under a bad sign,
With a blue moon in your eyes.

When you woke up this morning everything you had was gone
By half past ten your head was going ding-dong
Ringing like a bell from your head down to your toes
Like a voice telling you there was something you should know
Last night you were flying but today you're so low
Ain't it times like these that make you wonder if you'll ever know
The meaning of things as they appear to the others
Wives, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers
Don't you wish you didn't function, wish you didn't think
Beyond the next paycheck and the next little drink
Well you do so make up your mind to go on
'Cos when you woke up this morning everything you had was gone

When you woke up this morning,
When you woke up this morning,
When you woke up this morning,
Mama said you'd be the Chosen One.

When you woke up this morning,
When you woke up this morning,
When you woke up this morning,
You got yourself a gun.

(Lyrics by Alabama 3)

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Doug Miller

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
7.1. but I can't only filter subjects and authors. doesn't look like to
me I can filter a site. I've got zillions of filter criteria to keep
out nearly every perverted post coming our way. but I don't see how to
filter all posts from a site. If you know how, let me know, ok?

That's what Nfilter is for. Download a copy from any of the sites that have
been posted lately, then install my TrollFilters (see sig), and you won't see
this idiot's posts again, or any of the followups -- until the next time he
shifts his tactics. It generally doesn't take me more than a few minutes to
get my filters updated when one of his posts sneaks through, and I make them
publicly available.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

My Old Tools

Damn, now I gotta go look up the rest of this thread!

--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
[...]

Bay Area Dave

doug, I'm lost with this nfilter thing. I downloaded and installed it.
it is version 1.20

I got your autoresponder message.

I don't understand this: # Your posts and any followups to them
will be DROPPED by this
filter file
# unless you make this setup change:
#
# Click on Server | Properties | Posting, and clear the checkbox
next to ""When posting Gravity
# should generate the message-id for the article".
#
# This will cause the name of your actual news server, instead of
the name of the Nfilter
# proxy server, to appear in the Message-ID headers of your
posts.

I don't see Server/properties/posting within the program I downloaded.

and what am I to do with the rest of the data in the email?

when I click on Edit/Filter in the program nothing happens.

how do I get the data from the email into the program?

the readme file didn't address these questions I've asked here.

thanks.

dave

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:

tried it twice. get the message that the url can't be found.

http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:
tried it twice. get the message that the url can't be found.

*sigh* damn DNS is broken. 24+ hours to fix.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

Oddly enough, everything you need for it is available at:
http://www.r-bonomi.com/rec.woodworking

The program, the FAQ sheet, and a bunch of ready to run filter sets.

dave

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

I've heard of nfilter but I can't use that WITH Netscape can I? I'm
clueless about other newsreaders.

Yes, you CAN. It will work with virtually any newsreader except the one
that is built-in in the AOL all-in-one client.

Anything that will connect to a 'standard news-server' -- i.e., something
that speaks the "NNRP" (commonly called "NNTP", although that is totally
different, albeit related) protocol, on port 119 -- can use nFilter. You
simply tell nFilter where the 'real' news server lives, and then tell your
newsreader software to use "localhost" (or IP address 127.0.0.1),

port 119 as
the news-server address.

nFilter "looks like" a real news-server to any client software, and "doesn't
care" _what_ software you're using, as long as it speaks the standard

protocol.

Robert Bonomi wrote:

In article ,

[...]

Bay Area Dave

thanks, Barry. that's the one.

dave

B a r r y wrote:

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:41:09 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

was it "YES" that sang "too much time on my hands", or another group,
back in the 80's I believe. maybe the 70's.

Styx - 80's

Barry

Mark and Kim Smith

By George, you're right! Guess Nfilter is your solution. Old Netscape
versions had a lot more options! Well, filtering the author's email
should work, no? I tend to ignore all those posts and I can tell from
the short headers which ones are yours. Sounds like Doug has the plan!

Swingman wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message

thanks, Robert. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow if I can
find out
where to download it. I'll Google later.

I have a copy on one of my servers:

http://e-woodshop.net/files/np-120.exe

Noel Hegan

Tom Watson wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:49:05 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

yeah, you are my number one bud!

Now go to sleep!

dave

You woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun,
Mama always said you'd be
The Chosen One.

Big snip,

Exile On Coldharbour Lane, Excellent Tom.

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net
Doug Miller

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
doug, I'm lost with this nfilter thing. I downloaded and installed it.
it is version 1.20

I got your autoresponder message.

I don't understand this: # Your posts and any followups to them
will be DROPPED by this
filter file
# unless you make this setup change:

You missed the part right above that, which says
******* IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MICROPLANET GRAVITY USERS *******

IOW, if you're not using MicroPlanet Gravity as your newsreader, this doesn't
apply to you.

[snip]
I don't see Server/properties/posting within the program I downloaded.

That's because those are settings in MicroPlanet Gravity, not NewsProxy. I'll
update the comments to make that clear.

and what am I to do with the rest of the data in the email?

(1) Save it as "nfilter.dat" in the directory where you installed NewsProxy,
-OR-

when I click on Edit/Filter in the program nothing happens.

(2) Cut-and-paste it into the Notepad window that *should* open up when you
click on Edit | Filter.

how do I get the data from the email into the program?

Either (1) or (2) above.

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

dave in fairfax

Bay Area Dave wrote:
doug, I'm lost with this nfilter thing. I downloaded and installed it.
it is version 1.20

Dsve, look me up in the AAW directory and give me a call or write
me off-line and I'll get you through it. It isn't that hard,
don't worry.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Bay Area Dave

thanks Doug. Notepad is not on my pc. that's because of a virus going
around that utilized Notepad a few years back. Everyone at my company
removed Notepad at the request of the mucky mucks. Remember that virus?
I don't remember the name.

I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

[...]

Bay Area Dave

thanks dave, I'll take you up on it only if installing Notepad on my pc
doesn't work, along with copying the contents of doug's email to
nfilter.dat doesn't bring that sucker to life.

BTW, what is AAW?

dave

dave in fairfax wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

doug, I'm lost with this nfilter thing. I downloaded and installed it.
it is version 1.20

Dsve, look me up in the AAW directory and give me a call or write
me off-line and I'll get you through it. It isn't that hard,
don't worry.
Dave in Fairfax

Bay Area Dave

I got notepad back and appended most of what was in your auto response
email. now to see if it captures some junk!

dave

Bay Area Dave wrote:

thanks Doug. Notepad is not on my pc. that's because of a virus going
around that utilized Notepad a few years back. Everyone at my company
removed Notepad at the request of the mucky mucks. Remember that virus?
I don't remember the name.

I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

dave

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Bay
Area Dave wrote:

[...]

Doug Miller

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
thanks Doug. Notepad is not on my pc. that's because of a virus going
around that utilized Notepad a few years back. Everyone at my company
removed Notepad at the request of the mucky mucks. Remember that virus?
I don't remember the name.

I'll see if I can find a copy of it.

It doesn't have to be Notepad. Any Windows program that you can paste text
into, and save it as a plain text file, will do. You can use Word, for
instance. Just make sure to select Save As, then select "Text Document" as the
document type, and use the right filename *with* extension when you save it:
nfilter.dat .

--
Regards,

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter,
send email to autoresponder at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

dave in fairfax

Bay Area Dave wrote:
BTW, what is AAW?

http://www.woodturner.org/
The Anmerican Assoc of Woodturners.

To find the local chapter near you check:
http://www.woodturner.org/community/chapters/

Hope that clears it up some,
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
Slowhand

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:49:05 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

yeah, you are my number one bud!

Now go to sleep!

dave

You woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun,
Mama always said you'd be
The Chosen One.

snip

Hey, quit singing, I'm trying to sleep ;-)
SH