Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Programming frequency inverter

Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too
fast for our application.
Moeller Df4-120-37

It needs a keypad to program it, bought one.

I had my nose in the manual
https://adegis.com/media/asset/5eaaf...ba1c707e07.pdf
and thought I was changing the frequency but all I get now is Eer on the
keypad display, can't move on from that.

Is anyone familiar with these things? I feel like I could do with a
factory reset or something.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Nov 2020 at 16:06:47 GMT, "R D S" wrote:

Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too
fast for our application.
Moeller Df4-120-37

It needs a keypad to program it, bought one.

I had my nose in the manual

https://adegis.com/media/asset/5eaaf...ba1c707e07.pdf
and thought I was changing the frequency but all I get now is Eer on the
keypad display, can't move on from that.

Is anyone familiar with these things? I feel like I could do with a
factory reset or something.

Have you disconnected the motor to ensure that is not the cause of the error?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this the continuation of the what blew my inverter and testing the
windings thread of a few weeks back?, I'm not sure if its possible to get
the windings confused, but maybe it is?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
On 6 Nov 2020 at 16:06:47 GMT, "R D S" wrote:

Changed a blown frequency inverter, machine worked but motor was too fast
for our application.
Moeller Df4-120-37

It needs a keypad to program it, bought one.

I had my nose in the manual

https://adegis.com/media/asset/5eaaf...ba1c707e07.pdf
and thought I was changing the frequency but all I get now is Eer on the
keypad display, can't move on from that.

Is anyone familiar with these things? I feel like I could do with a
factory reset or something.

Have you disconnected the motor to ensure that is not the cause of the
error?

--
Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this the continuation of the what blew my inverter and testing the
windings thread of a few weeks back?, I'm not sure if its possible to get
the windings confused, but maybe it is?

IF you get them confused it'll just spin the wrong way, swap any two and
that would reverse it.

Form the error messages sounds like the TRIP function is triggering,
also seems like some models have wired inputs to select 23/30/40Hz output?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2020 07:50, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Is this the continuation of the what blew my inverter and testing the
windings thread of a few weeks back?, I'm not sure if its possible to get
the windings confused, but maybe it is?
Brian

Yes,

But I put the new inverter in and the machine ran fine, but the motor
was going at full pelt and we need to slow it down.

I bought a keypad so I could alter the frequency and thus (I believe)
the speed but the manual is confusing to me and in faffing I think I
have changed something incorrectly and now I get a message suggesting
there is an external error.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/11/2020 08:02, Andy Burns wrote:
Form the error messages sounds like the TRIP function is triggering,
also seems like some models have wired inputs to select 23/30/40Hz output?

Yes, I think the same.

I have someone in the know coming to look at it next week but could do
with it running straight away really.

It was running at 50hz before I faffed with it (the keypad displays
this), could do with getting it back to that and looking at it all again.
As you say it may be a wired setting because looking at the (170 odd
page!) manual I don't thing you can change the frequency with the keypad
anyway.
So that's £250 quid I didn't need to spend