Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wickes cordless drill.

I have an ancient 18v one of these - uses Ni-Cads. All the batteries for
that - including the one I had refurbished at vast cost - are pretty well
dead. And the refurbished one never delivered the same power as the
originals. It is a useful drill in that it has an add on right angle
adaptor, so handy for the odd awkward space.

There's plenty room inside a battery case for 18v worth of 18650 Li-Ion,
and I do realise I'd need to mod the charger too.

Dedicated right angle cordless drills seem to be an arm and a leg - unless
someone knows different?

Anyone done this sort of mod?

--
*Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.