Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Missing screws for (no longer available) IKEA product

Inherited an all metal clothes rail that came disassembled.

When trying to put it back together this morning I realised that 10
screws were missing (out of quite a few altogether). I managed to
canibalise 4 that were holding a hook to the structure that I can live
without, but am still left with 6 missing. They are short, very fine
thread, large head and screw straight into the structure itself.

I checked, and it is no longer available for sale.

Before I take it with me on my next trip to the tip, does anybody know
if there a way to find parts for discontinued IKEA products? It would be
a shame to bin as it is well made and must have cost quite a lot when new.